Chapter 9.

Ryder's POV

(a few minutes before Kennedy walked through the doors of the hotel)

I was standing in the middle of the lobby and scrolling through instagram when Blake came up to me.

"Dude, what the hell has been going on with you?" he asked me.

I internally sighed. I did not want to have this conversation right now. Not even with Blake.

I turned off my phone and put it in my back pocket before looking up at Blake, who was staring at me with a raised eyebrow, waiting for me to explain.

"I'm fine, man," I replied.

"Bullshit," Blake said to me and rolled his eyes. "You've been totally off ever since we left Florida, you've been keeping to yourself and you've been a huge dick to Luke."

I rolled my eyes at Luke's name, who was standing on the other side of the lobby with some other guys. "That asshole can go back to whatever hole he crawled out of."

"See! This is what I mean!" Blake exclaimed and hit my chest.

"Hey! What the hell was that for?" I grumbled and straightened out my t-shirt.

Instead of replying, he hit the side of my head.

"Dude! Cut it out!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to knock some sense into you," he replied and tried to hit me again but I dodged his hand and he just slapped air.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and got out my phone again but Blake took it out of my hand.

"Give it back," I ordered.

"No."

"Blake," I growled.

"Not until you tell me what's going on," he said.

I groaned in annoyance and glared at Blake who was looking at me with a raised eyebrow again.

"Well?" he impatiently asked.

"Luke and Kennedy kissed at the airport," I spoke through gritted teeth and swiped my phone out of his hand.

Slowly, his mouth formed into an 'O' shape.

"Aw, man. That sucks," he said to me.

Wow. Thanks for those kind words.

"I'm so sorry." He stepped closer to me and patted my shoulder. "Are you sure it wasn't Luke who kissed her and she didn't even want to kiss him?" he asked me, wanting to find a good point in this situation.

"I don't know," I groaned and ran my hands down my face. "Kennedy said that he kissed her. Apparently she never intended on kissing him."

"And you don't believe her?" Blake asked me.

"No, I do. It just feels like he's starting to become more important to her than I am. She's always defending him, looking after him and whatnot."

"That's probably because they haven't seen each other for so long and because he's leaving again soon," Blake tried to reason. "Don't read too much into it."

"I know. It's just....ugh... I don't know what to say to her."

"Don't know what to say to who?" a girly voice asked.

I looked behind me and saw Isla standing behind us.

"Hey, baby," Blake greeted her and kissed the top of her head.

I felt a weird pang in my chest and looked away.

"By the way, have either of you heard from Kennedy?" she asked us. "I've been trying to reach her for hours but she won't reply to my texts and when I call her she won't pick up."