CHAPTER 5 : MADDIE

OK. I finally finished working

Now , I just have to go home , pick a dress , get ready with Lanie and Neli.

I go home and ask my neighbours if the could keep Siberia until ten or so and they accepted.

Now that that's sorted out , I can start and get ready .

I enter my bedroom and get my phone , call Lanie & Neli and ask her where she is to which she responds on her way .

Meanwhile I put Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You '. While starting to dance , I open my closet and look at the dresses ; I have a little to pick from, especially since I don't wear a lot of dresses :
- a Green A-line that would look good with golden heels and my hair as an elegant bun .
-a blue tent that I think doesn't suit the occasion.
- a grey shift with a black belt and a pair of black heels with my hair braided on the side of my face .
- a purple sheath with a pair of black heels , black earrings and my hair left down.
Or a simple black dress with heels
************
For those of you who don't really know all lot about dresses and clothes , like me , therefore didn't know that that many types of dresses existed , here you go :

 Or a simple black dress with heels ************For those of you who don't really know all lot about dresses and clothes , like me , therefore didn't know that that many types of dresses existed , here you go :

You're welcome * winky face / fist bump / we're the best*

************
Suddenly I hear my phone ringing and I answer it . It was Neli and she was coming up through the stairs because the elevator didn't work . She asks me what floor I lived in and I respond third and at that point she tells me she'll see me in 10 minutes and I say goodbye.

Eeeeep ! I'm so excited to see Neli because there is no other being than her and Lanie that can cheer me up when I'm sad ,make me smile through the tears and just be my best friend therefore be crazy with me ...

Even though i only met her this year , i felt an instant connection to her .

Lanie calls and tells me she's coming through the stairs and that she'll arrive in twenty minutes.

I hear the doorbell ringing and immediately open the door.

Neli rushes in and says " well ? What are we waiting for ?? Let's go get ready !!"

I tell her " I want to introduce you to someone , you know my apartment , feel free and at home "

" My summer home is the only places that I feel free in, maddie . No pressure to be perfect or atleast the way people expect me to be so I'm going to feel perfectly fine ; don't worry I won't let this opportunity go to waste ." She says firmly.

I hear the doorbell ringing and go open the door , meanwhile I hear the song change to 'Rockabye' by the Clean Bandits feat Anne Marie and Sean Paul , I pull Lanie in the house and I start dancing while taking her makeup kit .She starts dancing and laughing and Neli joins in .

After the end of the song , Neli is smiling and offering her hand to shake to Lanie " Hi , I'm Neli . "

Lanie looks at the offered hand and then into Neli's eyes , then she pushes her hand away and hugs her saying " We just danced. To me that was a beginning of a long-lasting , happy friendship " and Lanie smiles .

Neli looks awed probably thinking how could someone trust that easily ??

I suddenly laugh ; was I going mad ? Nahh ,I'm as fine as the stars that shine in the sky as the moon that illuminates the night , as the aliens that are in the infinite universe made of stars , planets and galaxies .

I look at the time . It was already seven o'clock ! I tell them " Chop chop !! It's seven o'clock and I need to leave with Neli at ten to eight (7.50) "
I say with my best British interpretation.

They laugh and Neli says " come on . Let's see what you picked " , while Lanie says " let's see your choices " while clapping evilly .