Chapter 8 | A Visit From An Old Life

I got home at...

3:13am

I sighed and wrapped the jumper I stole from that guys house closer to me as I entered the entrance of my cave. That night I had done some 'extra work', the guy did give me good money but my body felt filthy for what I did, even though I scrubbed myself over and over again in the creek.

I whimpered as I finally stumbled upon my room everything the same as usual.

It was dark out, the room the darkest of blacks. With the werewolf part of me I managed to stumble over to the coffee table on my wobbly legs to the lantern turning it dim as I assessed the room around me. Everything was the same as I walked over to my cooler and pulled out a water bottle and piece of old rabbit I caught a couple of days ago, it looked rotten but I couldn't afford to waste good food. I was saving for a plane ticket out of here with a couple thousand dollars under my belt so I could start a new life in California.

It was a lot to ask but I was getting closer.

The money I had made tonight I chucked under my bed adding to the growing pile. I dug a small hole under my bed and placed a couple of sticks and twigs over it, lining mud on top of that so only a crack was open and use my illusions to cover up the tiny hole so no one suspects a thing. Right now I should have around forty five thousand dollars. I was getting closer every time I did that disgusting job.

I smiled as I placed my mattress over the top again, it would be surprising if I had enough magic power to last me another month.

Witches and wizards have limited amounts of magic, like a sort of fuel tank and when it becomes empty all you need to do is rest and it will be filled up. But out here I can't rest and I'm always using my illusions to disguise myself, disguise the tiny slit under my bed and the scars covering my body since I didn't want to be reminded. Even though it isn't much magic I'm using it twenty four seven. Soon enough I might become weaker and be completely vulnerable, when that day comes I have to leave or I'll be dead by morning...

I sighed once again and took off the guys jacket deciding to keep it instead of throwing it away, even though it reminds me of bad memories it could be good in winters. It was bulky and was plain black. Something like this is expensive and burning it because of a couple bad memories is a bad idea.

So I threw the jumper on my coffee table, took off my tracksuit pants and slipped on some pyjama shorts before I quietly sat at my coffee table, looking at the pages and pages filled with everything I knew about vampires. Even though most nights I just stare at it and not write anything at this point in time I could literally rewrite everything word for word from these pages. It was kind of stressing as I looked at the pages, my plans always seeming to be foiled.

5:17am

Shit I really needed to go to bed, I was yawning every second now and I couldn't even see straight as my eyes continued to drop. So I stumbled to my feet and fell on my mattress. Tucking the covers over me in a sort of cocoon, I snuggled into my pillow and blankets as I quietly drifted off to sleep.

I was in the forest, the cold and dark making me shiver in fear.

I was alone.

I glanced towards the stars to find fat storm clouds covering them all the Moon no where in sight as well.

I could hear hissing in the darkness as I watched red eyes stare at me.

They all watched me their eyes unmoving as they watched my every detail, listening to all my movements.

My breathing grew raged as I watched them, their footsteps were coming closer as the darkness seemed to close in all around me.