Chapter 10 | Old Enemies

Immediately after those words left Jace's mouth my body heat raised. He thought that I was honestly his second chance mate, the bastard didn't deserve one for what he had done to me. Jeremy from the corner of me was watching with an emotionless expression, the beta training to make sure nothing fazed him obviously worked very well making him a good actor, in control of his emotions. But his eyes were directed straight into mine, screaming 'what the fuck'.

I gulped loudly and gave him a small smile, now he should realize how much of a bastard Jace really is.

"Now were going to take Jeremy back with us, your coming as well." 

I sighed holding myself with my arms as I ducked under Jace's toned tattooed arms towards my mattress.

"I already agreed to go back with Jeremy to help save his mate. I have researched the vampires for a long time so I know a hell of a lot more than all the werewolf population put together at this rate." I replied in a monotone matter sitting on my mattress; creating distance between Jace and I.

My wolf didn't communicate towards me, she continued to pant and howl in the happiest matter, something I haven't seen her in a long time. The mate bond had stirred her judgement of Jace and his past and it made it hard to think straight.

"Great!" Jace replied happily as I continued to stare at the floor in a nervous matter. Rubbing the back of my neck so the watch on my wrist was next to my ear and I could hear its rhythmic circuits.

"I will have to leave every once in a while and go into town for work." I told them all turning to more of the other muscled men in the group. Men ranging from in their forties and some of them seemingly only having just shifted, it was strange to see such a diverse age group of wolves.

I looked up at Jace to see his smile turn into a frown at my words

"Well since you are my mate, I'll happily pay for anything you need so you don't need to work anymore." He took a step closer to me, hoping to sit next to me but his feet seemed to stop halfway towards me.

"Why do you smell like other men?" He asked, anger in his voice as if I had done something wrong, when I specifically know he has slept with countless girls.

"None of your fucking business, asshole." I told him, growling slightly as embarrassment began to fill me; I hated how much wolves took pride in being only with their partners. I agreed with this but at the same time in this moment I was both infuriated and self conscious, what I did with my body and my time should be only for me to know.

"It is my business, you're my mate." He semi yelled pointing to himself trying to make a point. The ways his muscles flexed and his jaw hardened stirring something deep inside the mate bond

"Well no it's not." I said firmly crossing my arms as a smirk danced on my lips. Feeling a little bit more in control of this situation.

"Well until I find out why you smell so strongly of men, I won't be letting you leave my pack house for any reason." He smirked back at me and a scowl came to my lips, the second I felt in control he took it away.

"Well seems to me that is never going to happen, so unless you let me continue to work I can't come with you" I said cockily standing up to face Jace. Surprised at how quickly I turned the tables in my favor; a smile played on my lips.

"You cannot defy your mate." He told me infuriated as he stepped closer to me our bodies impossibly close.

I took this time to inhale deeply, knowing that he was a player and he would smell strongly of other females. Yet all I was left with was the same intoxicating scent I smelt during our encounter before I was sentenced from my pack for good. He smelled like fresh rain and the scent of freshly mowed grass, the scent addicting and difficult to find due to his scent being covered from spending what I can imagine to be countless hours running through the woods.     

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 09, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Illusionsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें