Chapter 9 | Wren

It had been around two hours since I found this guy and I've taken out his stitches and cleaned him up a little bit, even placed a towel over his 'private area' with a new set of clothes folded up next to him for when he woke up. He had barley moved and I had made my best attempts to clean up some of the blood off of his body without disturbing any of his larger wounds.

I continued to add notes to my pile of research from the most recent encounter more specifically to the parts of all the girls those fuckers had taken, it never seemed to be men these days it was only ever women. The few I remembered from my time their gave me shivers down my spine. i never got much contact with them but when I did all I can remember are those screams.

Those fucking screams never seemed to leave me the fuck alone anymore.

"Where am I?" He whispered.

I turned around in shock holding my heart when I realised this man had finally awoken, he was dazed holding a hand to his head as he glanced around my room. I stood up as he continued to groan and get his bearings on the environments around him. The man glanced up at me through squinted eyes as I barley made out the green in his orbs. I grabbed one of my water bottles from my cooler before going over to him, sitting beside his bed side and passing him the opened bottle of water.

"Drink." I whispered as I placed the water bottle in his hand.

I crossed my legs as I sat beside the bed, leaning up against the bed side table as I watched him quietly. Taking a couple of glances around the room so I didn't seem creepy as I watched him scull the entire bottle. He handed me the empty plastic before I threw it to the side next to the cooler.

"Where am I?" He asked more sternly this time, his eyes holding rage and a hint of confusion.

I didn't let it visibly effect me as I watched him, now realizing I forgot to put the illusion up of me with different hair and eyes, realizing my mistake too late I decided to see what might occur. This man reminded me of someone and I couldn't place it.

"Your in my room, I found you while you were fighting vampires and saved you..." I mumbled playing with my fingers as I refused to look into his eyes, the harshness in them made me scared.

"What about Georgina? The girl I was with?" He asked more hastily this time as his voice held desperation, he had turned fully towards me and pushed himself closer, his eyes now holding an almost crazed look.

So it was her.

"I'm not sure, but I think she was taken by them. I'm sorry I couldn't save her." I told the guy sincerely as I stood up dusting myself off as I grabbed the bottle and begun filling it up with the water from the bucket in case he needed more water.

"My name is Jeremy Matthews I come from the Dusk Dawn pack. I'm a beta. Who are you?" He asked.

I knew I knew this guys from somewhere! It was Georgina's boyfriend! But he was still a direct link from my old life and I had to build a wall so it didn't faze me.

"Cindy?" He asked as if a question. Watching me.

My shock was clear as day on my face, I thought he would recognize me but definitely not that quickly. I glanced a side eye his way as his face mirrored the shock of my own, I attempted to breathe a loud sigh but instead felt it being caught quickly in my throat with the upcoming nervousness of what could happen.