Thredson's Last Patient: Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"LET ME GO!" I screamed, kicking the two burly guards as they threw me recklessly into my new cell. "IV'E DONE NOTHING WRONG! LET ME GO!" "Sorry, miss. Sister Jude's orders" one said as they left the room and locked the door behind them. "NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! I DON'T BELONG HERE!" Pounding at the cell walls, and screaming into the flat pillow on the bed. Sobbing in the filthy cream sheet, I wondered about my future. Would I die within walls? Would I prove my innocence and go free? I didn't know. How long had it been? 3 minutes? 3 hours? 3 decades? I had no idea, Until the alarming jolt of a key being turned in the lock of my cell door brought me back into reality. "Well miss... Raftery? Is it? Linda Raftery? You've been quite busy..." a woman in her mid-to-late 60s approaching me said. "Who the hell are you to judge? God or something?" I said, mocking the exsistance of my new so called home. Laughing, she gave her response. "No not god. But a humble nun. One that could decide your fate. Weather you leave, or spend the rest of your life here. In this cold, hard cell" sittting down on the bed, her face turned into a narcissistic smile. "But you could say I am the god of briarcliff. I decide everyone's fate here"