Thredson's Last Patient: Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

'NO!' He screamed slamming the knife to the floor 'IM NOT SUPPOSED TO FALL FOR THIS AGAIN!' Heading over to his workbench, with one swift glide of his hands he slammed everything off the table. Confused, I sat up in bed, thrusting my knees underneath my chest. Panting with exhaustion, he bounded up to me. 'Listen. I like you. I happen to think you are a good person. But it wasnt supposed to be this way'. Sitting on the bed, putting his hand on mine I started to shiver. My lips were trembling with sheer fear and I couldnt control my body from perspiration. 'Im done for anyway. Lana Winters has a tape of my confession and I believe that it is in police custody. I'll either be institutionalised or left to fry in the electric chair. You were going to be my last victim. The last person to have their beautiful, soft skin sliding off their trembling bones. But go. Get out of here. Find your son. Leave now before I change my mind." A soft click of a key was heard from my ankle. I could go. My legs still shaking, I ran as fast as I could up the basement stairs and out of the house. Thats when I heard him chasing after me.

NOTE: this is the end of the fanfiction. I tested severel different endings and could not come up with one without dissapointing the reader. So I'm going to be cruel and leave you on a cliffhanger :) thank you for reading and any feedback would be very much appreciated :)