Thredson's Last Patient: Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"Sit down, make yourself comfortable" the man said, gesturing to the grape coloured tatty armchair. Sitting down cautiously,  I said "iv'e never seen you around here before". With a slight guffaw, he replied "thats because you never leave your room, miss Raftery. Linda, isn't it?" I gave him a nod and tried to relax in the rock hard chair. "Thredson. Dr. Thredson is my name. And im a friend. unlike Jude, I am here to help, not punish." Feeling his presence to be a blessing, I let out a smile. He was handsome. "I was only ment to be at Briadcliff for a short period, just to study Bloody Face. Kit Walker. But kind sister Mary Eunice had me stay on. Thank God is all I can say, this place is crumbling." Everything he said made me feel so much better. "I agree" I said, and he let out another guffaw. "Some people" he spoke, "are just inasane. Take Lana Winters for example, ecusing me of breaking her out of Briarcliff and raping her, threatening to do things that no sane man could ever dream of. She was found to be in a serious car accident and luckily was brought back here, where she ultimately belongs". "You would never do that, right?" I said, a little uneasy. Letting out a little smile, he replied "No. of course not".