Thredson's Last Patient: Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

"But with someone like you" he continued "i know that you are not insane. Just because you had a child out of wedlock doesnt mean it wasnt conceived out of love". I smiled slightly, it was true, he wasnt. "I am asuming you are not with the partner anymore" my smile faded. "No, im not" I replied. "Thats too bad." He stated. "you deserve love. And so does that child. Alls a child wants is the feeling of his mothers presence. Of her arms. Of her skin" he understood me. "I know I did when I was a child". His dark chocolate eyes locked into mine. "I will reunite you with your son. If its the last thing I do before going to jail". "Going to jail?" I replied "yes, for breaking you out". I gigantic wide smile spread across my face. "What?!" I said, not sure if I hearf him correctly. "Tomorrow. I will break you out of Briarcliff. So you can be with your son. You are not insane. I know that." My heart started racing. I was finally getting out. "Whats the plan?" I said, so excited I could barely speak. "Meet me at the bottom of the stairway at 3pm sharp tomorrow. Then I'll take it from there". That night and the beginning of the next day dragged by. But at 3pm that day I did as I was told and felt the sun on my skin for the first time in months. I was finally free. "After you." He said, gesturing me to the black car parked in the driveway. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I said in return. Giving me a gentle smile, he shut the car door behind me, and we drove away into the distance.