Two - Letting Love Go

Mia's POV

I walked into his hospital room and saw him laying down looking at the ceiling. He looked better than when I saw him the first time. His skin had much more color and he had shaved his beard making him look much younger.

"Hey" I said softly.

He looked at me as soon as he heard my voice and lightly smiled at me, "hi" he said.

"How are you feeling?"

"Just trying to grasp everything that I've been learning in the past few days. It's a lot but I prefer to know because I can't be living in the past."

"Well, I'm here to shed a bit more light on the last year basically..."

"How's that?"

"Well you and I, we used to be married." I said this with a lump in me throat.

"Used to?" He looked at me sadly.

"Yes we have been recently divorced. We met at your company and we began to date, we got along really well but maybe we started dating too soon and the wedding was too soon. We were very happy in our honeymoon but had problems in our relationship like most couples. We argued very much towards the end and when I got pregnant and lost our baby we just couldn't be together anymore. So we went our separate ways."

"That sounds like a sad love story... I wish I had worked harder to avoid all those arguments... wait we had a baby?"

"I had a miscarriage soon after we found out I was pregnant." I tried to keep my answers short so I could keep myself together.

"How long have we been separated?"

"A little more than six months."

He looked at me with sad eyes and nodded slowly as if trying to process everything I had just said.

"So whatever we had it's over then?"

"Unfortunately yes, I am now with someone else..." I said that so he would not start getting any ideas about us getting back together because unfortunately that could not happen.

Alex's POV

How badly could I have messed up to lose the beautiful angel standing in front of me? I must have been an idiot not to treat her well so that we had stayed together. Her voice is so soft and kind even when she's giving me all these bad news my heart flutters a little bit when she comes close to me.

I did not even have a chance at even trying to date her again since she was now with someone else. He must be one lucky guy.

I watched her say her say her goodbye to me and I was barely able to say goodbye to her because I didn't want her to leave but I knew she owed me nothing.

Mia's POV

It has been three weeks now since the last time I saw Alex. I wanted to see him again but I knew it wasn't right. I was with Ethan now and I had to at least try to forget about Alex.

I had a flash back to how I first began to date Ethan.

I had been volunteering at a new hospital when I met him in the oncology section. He always had a big smile on his face and that was what surprised me about him. I remember how happy he always was despite his pain. I felt happy thinking that I was the one taking some of his pain away but in reality he was the one helping me feel slightly more complete even if it was always temporary.