Twelve - Amor

Mia's POV

Even after the long and exhausting meeting I was in high spirits. Alexander and I had met with Mr. Ferreira in his office to talk about the a business partnerships and it all went fantastic. Tomorrow morning we would meet again to finalize everything.

We were on our way back to Alex's house now and I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he drove. Even though he had been wearing a very professional suit, he had taken off his jacket as soon as we got to the car.

I could see his chest since he unbuttoned the top buttons. His sleeves were rolled up so I was also able to see his toned arms. Since he had lowered the car's roof, his near hair was now deliciously messy and just the aura around him at the moment made him look beautiful and relaxed.

I tried not to be too obvious that I was observing every line off his face. The sharp line of his jaw and the highness of his cheekbones were two of the features that made his face handsome. The fullness of his lips reminded me of every time I felt them on my skin. I wanted to touch his jaw and see how smooth it felt since I could tell he had shaved this morning.

"Would you like to go into the city today? I can show you around if you'd like" he said completely distracting me from ogling.

"Yeah that actually sounds like a lot of fun! Last time.." I stopped myself before I brought up our honeymoon.

"Last time what?"

"I mean you I know when it's the last time I will be visiting Brazil so I should take advantage and explore."

Nice save Mia.

We stopped by his place so I could change into a beautiful navy blue casual dress then headed downtown.

We decided to get something to eat first so we stopped at a small vibrant restaurant.

I could feel Alex's intense gaze on my neck even though I had taken Ethan's necklace before I got on the airplane.

"You're not wearing your necklace?" He asked after we ordered.

"Uhm no" I said somewhat uncomfortable because I did not know what he was getting at.

"How come?"

"I just didn't want to wear it today." I tried to look away so he would stop asking questions.

"I thought you liked the necklace I gave you." He said and his face looked a little hurt.

"I did! I loved it!" I said as honestly as I could.

"But you took it off? Took it off AND replaced it with one he gave you."

"I still loved it, I didn't want to take it off you know but Ethan can get a little... jealous... and when he saw I wasn't wearing his, well he got upset and that's why I was wearing it."

"Oh...well why don't you wear it now? I mean Ethan isn't here."

I smiled somewhat awkwardly because I didn't know how to tell him Ethan broke it.

"I would love to, I just forgot it at home since I left in a rush..."

The waiter brought our food effectively ending the conversation. We spent the rest of the time getting to know each other all over again. Technically I knew everything about him but I liked hearing him tell me his favorite things again. In a way, he was always more cheerful and open which probably had to do with the fact that he wasn't planning to take revenge on me. I liked this sweet and always happy side of him.

Right before we left, one of his questions took me by surprise.

"Mia, I know that I've asked this before and well.. you didn't want to answer at the time but I was wondering you know... how it used to be when we were together... it's just so important for me to know I feel like I'm missing out on such an important part of my life..."

As much as I wanted to I couldn't describe everything that happened between us mostly because the feelings just didn't have words to them. They were too powerful and pure to be described through language.

"I don't think I can describe it with words..."

"Well do you think you could show me?"

"What...?"

He grabbed my hand across the table and leaned in closer to look me straight in the eye, "Mia... I know that it's obvious that I am completely into you... and I think you have feelings for me too.. I can feel it every time we are close to each other, every time our eyes meet or our fingers touch..." he grazed his fingers across my skin making me shiver and making his point clear, "and trust me I know you're with Ethan and I messed up and maybe it's wrong for me to ask you for this but do you think that the time we spend here... that it could be like we were back together? I want to be able to experience the type of love that bonded us because something as strong as that is something that I doubt I'll ever get again in this life..."

I was completely speechless. All I could do was stare at him.

He looked a little worried about my reaction so he said, "I don't mean the kisses and you know the sex.. I know you're a good person and don't want to cheat on him but just the emotional and spiritual feelings that bonded us you know? Do you think we could do that?"

It seemed almost like a dream for me to be able to be with Alex in that type of way but at the same time I knew I needed to be careful. I still loving him and having him that close only to lose him again would just be too hard for my heart to bare. He just seemed so different now, I don't think he would intentionally mess with my heart again. And he's making it clear from the beginning that this would just be for the time spent here...

My head kept telling me to say no but my heart yearned for his love and affection so I slowly nodded.

When we finally left the restaurant my heart was beating a mile a minute. He kept looking at me from the corner of his eye as we walked probably trying to see how I was feeling.

We were walking around town just window shopping and exploring when I felt him place his hand on the small of my back. It took me by surprise and I was about to ask why when I realized he was trying to guide me into a store.

"I want to buy something here" he said with a mischievous smile.

We walked into the small shop and all they sold were handcrafted brackets and other types of jewelry. He said something to the owner in Portuguese then gently placed something in my hand. When he removed his hand I saw a beautiful handcrafted bracelet that said "Aqui eu conheci o amor" and had Brazil writing in the back.

"What does that say?" I asked since I definitely did not understand Portuguese.

"It says... here I met love" he said while looking into my blue eyes. His green eyes burning with passion and honesty.

I smiled widely as he tied the bracelet around my wrist then I wrapped my arms around him to hug him. This all just seemed like a dream. I didn't understand how I went from a business meeting to a romantic evening.

Alex seemed to feel like he had won the lottery. He was wearing a wide smile during the whole evening. We never kissed but we didn't have to. He kept wrapping his arms around me and embracing me which was more than enough to make my heart full. Every gentle caress or brush of his fingertips made me feel so much compared to how empty I felt these last few months.

When we got back to his place, I was unsure of how the sleeping arrangement would go. I wanted to cuddle with him but at the same time I did not want anything more to happen when I was still in a relationship with Ethan.

He made the decision somewhat easier after kissing me in the cheek good night. Even though I was a little sad, that was completely replaced by happiness when I remembered everything that happened this evening. I wanted to go over every detail in my head to make sure that I never forgot it.