Twenty - Gone

Mia's POV

I finally had finished folding all of the baby's clothes in his nursery. I was so excited to meet our little prince even though we hadn't chosen a name yet. I smiled happily when I felt our little one kick my stomach.

I rubbed my belly gently and smiled even wider when I felt him kick again. Don't get me wrong it was starting to get a little painful but it made me feel happy that he was growing so strong.

I looked over at the clock and realized Alex would be home soon so I went to finish dinner. He kept telling me he could hire someone to cook so I wouldn't have to worry but I told him it was unnecessary. I finished cooking the rice and began to cut the last few pieces of vegetables when Alexander walked in.

I went over to hug him but he gave me a weak hug.

"Welcome home baby" I told him.

"Thank you" he said in a gruff voice.

"What's wrong?" I looked up to meet his eyes but he avoided my stare. Something was definitely wrong because I could see his tense jaw and shoulders as I helped him take his jacket off.

"I don't want to talk about it right now Mia" he said as if he were annoyed at me.

"If I can help-"

"I said not right now" he said meeting my eyes for the first time. His soft green eyes were unusually hard today.

I closed my mouth before he said anything else and went back to finish dinner. I eyed him as he took his tie and shoes off.

"Dinner is almost ready" I said quietly.

"I'm not hungry right now, you can go ahead and eat if you are though."

He knew I hated when he did that. I had spent hours preparing dinner for him. I tried to take a deep breath because I knew it was the hormones making me more annoyed than I usually would be.

"Can we please just at least sit together? I don't want to eat alone." 

"Fine."

He sat down loudly. I served my plate and set it down at the table.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm sure, thanks"

I started eating slowly while watching him and I could see he was definitely annoyed with me.

"What did I do?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're obviously annoyed at me"

He was about to say something but decided against it and took a folder from his briefcase then gave it to me. I was a little nervous but I decided to open it anyways.

When I opened it I definitely understood. It was just a paper but the content was what made him annoyed. Ethan had sent him a note asking him if he was sure he was the father of our baby boy. I knew for a fact that he was because I never slept with Ethan. I could see Ethan was trying to play brain games with him.

"Well?? Is he right?"

"What?? No!! He's your baby, how can you even doubt that?" My anger went from nonexistent to very present in a second.

"Well how can you be sure he's mine?!" I could tell his mood was very volatile right now.

"I seriously can't believe you're doubting this right now" I said trying to keep my voice from breaking.

"I don't want to doubt it but the time you were with him and me was very short so I can't be sure..."

"That's it! I'm not listening to this anymore. If I'm telling you I'm sure it's because I am. I did not sleep with him." I said while standing up from the dinner table with my plate full.

His incredulous face was my breaking point. I could feel the tears coming and I wasn't going to do it in front of him.

"Seriously? He was that obsessed with you and you didn't sleep with him?" He said in a tone that made me think he didn't believe me.

I did not even answer him. I was done with it. How could he even act like this towards me. Why would I even lie to him. I threw my napkin on the table and headed outside.

I closed the door loudly and shivered because it was cold outside. I couldn't believe he said this to me based on a note from a freaking stalker.

I could see the security guards walking around the house. I needed some space and since it was still daytime I decided to take a walk around. I wanted to cry without anyone around me. Thank god Hunter wasn't around or he would've stopped me. I walked outside of the gate when one of the guards wasn't looking so I didn't have to answer any questions. I would just be walking for a few minutes.

I took a deep breath of air as I stepped outside and walked slowly around the block. The leaves on the trees danced slowly in the wind. It was warm outside but windy so my hair was blowing around my face. I lightly placed my hand on my stomach to make sure my little one knows he's loved even if his daddy just acted like that.

I lifted my face up towards the sun and closed my eyes to enjoy the warmth when suddenly I felt an arm around my face and I sweet smell overpowered me as a handkerchief covered my mouth. My eyes suddenly feel heavy and even though I tried to scream all I managed was a quiet complaint as my body loosened. I briefly felt a pair of arms around me then hard carpeted ground as if I was on the floor of a car.

"You're finally mine again Mimi" a distant but threatening voice said as I fell into the darkness.

Author's Note:

Which name do you like best for their little one? That is if Ethan is taken down before he hurts their little angel 😭

Please vote and comment! The story is coming to an end very quickly and I hope you've enjoyed it! I've added an image of a pregnant Mia at the top! Update coming soon :)