Something Entirely New

Richard was back to his normal routine the next day. Nothing happened out of the ordinary. Later in the week, PBG snagged Richard from his class room at the end of the day and pulled him to the recording studio.

"Okay, so. I asked Luke what buttons to hit to record, and stuff. You should sing a few songs, then I can show the guys!" The taller male exclaimed and gently pushed the shorter towards the sound proof booth. Richard began mentally shutting down; he had never done anything like this.

"Wh-what? I...You know what? I'll do it! Yeah. I should give it a shot at least." He concluded despite being nervous. With Jared, PBG, Luke, Ian, Jimmy, Cake, and Jeff all extending friendship to him, he almost felt like he did belong at Asagao. Almost. It was kind-of his fault that Cake no longer attended. "What songs am I going to do?" He asked PuhBuhGuh. The peanut related gamer paled slightly.

"I...I didn't think about that..." He trailed off. The room was silent. Neither individual knew what to say. The quiet was interrupted by PBG's phone going off. He riffled through his pocket before placing it to his ear. "Hello? Hey Shane! No. I'm not lost...I do not get lost all the time. Yeah, I do need a map. Was that Jared? Jared made the first map joke of the semester; tell him that no one cares!" He talked to Shane through the device. He suddenly pulled it away from his ear with a confused expression. "HIs phone must have died or something." PBG concluded. Richard shrugged and opened the door to the booth within the room. Another set of ringing sounds filled the room. "Hello? Hang on." PeanutButterGamer stated before placing the phone on speaker mode and setting it down.

"Where are you? The club meeting started already." Jirard's voice came through the phone. Richard walked closer to the other male in the room to listen better.

"I'm doing something super special! You guys just need to wait for a day, or two, or a few more." He stated and nodded in Richard's general direction.

"But we're playing Digcreat. I swear, Jared and Shane are cheating..." Jon rambled off near the phone.

"No. You just can't play video games." I robotic voice said, presumably, to Jon.

"Jauque! There's a reason that I keep you naked other than the Normal Boots jacket..." Jon argued back. Was that the name of his bird? The one that looked inanimate yet perched on his shoulder every time Richard had seen Jon? A loud 'zap' sounded.

"ECH!" Jon cried at the same time. Suddenly, there was screams of joy from somewhere else in the room.

"What? Did you find diamonds?" PBG asked curiously.

"I GOT A POTATO!" Jared called out with a cry of joy afterwards. Richard couldn't help but laugh. Jared was aDORKable!

"Well, got to go before the surprise is unsupriseable. Bye!" The male in the room with the American said and hung his phone up. "To the room with you!" He said with false authority. Richard saluted and did as he was told. He closed the door behind him and walked over to the mic. PBG waved from the other side of the glass before pressing a button. "Got a song picked? What about a romantic one?" He asked.

"Yeah. Can you pull up the instrumental of Teardrops On My Guitar?" The American asked in response. While PeeBeeGeebees, with the heebeegeebees, pulled up track, Richard warmed himself up. First his Tenor and then his Baritone range.

"Got it. Can you dedicate it to everyone?" The green eyed one asked hopefully. Richard nodded.

"This is for PBG, Jon, Jauque, Jirard, Shane, Satch, Paul, Josh, Nick, and Jared." He stated slow enough that each name hand time to dissipate. The track started and pulled emotions about a certain sparkly boy onto Richard's tongue.

"Drew looks at me

I fake a smile so he won't see

what I want and what I need

and everything that we should be

I'll bet she's beautiful

that girl he talks about

and she's got everything that I have to live without

Drew talks to me

I laugh 'cause it's so damn funny

I can't even see anyone when he's with me

he says he's so in love

he's finally got it right

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

'cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

he's the song

in the car

I keep singing

don't know why I do

Drew walks by me

can't he tell that I can't breath

and there he goes

so perfectly

the kind of flawless I wish I could be

she better hold him tight

give him all he love

look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

he's the song

in the car

I keep singing

don't know why I do

so I drive home alone

as I turn out the light

I'll put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight

cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart

he's the song

in the car

I keep singing

don't know why I do

he's the time taken up

but there's never enough

and he's all that I need to fall into

Drew looks at me

I fake a smile so he won't see." Richard finished and quietly waited for the track to stop playing. PBG smiled and gave a thumbs up to him.

"If he plays it for them all, there is a glimmer of hope that no one catches wise of my feelings..." The gay whispered to himself.