What Actually Happened at Karaoke (Spoof Chapter)

(So, the author and PkStargazer learned of this song compilation and both agreed that this probably would have happened after the karaoke contest ended. It won't be written from anyone's specific view point in the author's chapter, but go read A Badass in Pink Hair to see what Cake does. Please enjoy this spoofy [can I hear it on spoofy?!] chapter! Can you identify the four songs and their artists without the internet? Anyways, enjoy!)

As the crowd quieted down from Cake's performance, five of the performers sauntered on stage with microphones in their hands. Cake, Vinny, Matthew, Mark, and Richard stood in the lights with mischievous grins.

"Thank you all so much for coming out to here us today!" Vinny cheered into his mic. The crowd went wild again, but quieted down as fast as they got riled up.

"Well, we can't have you go away unsatisfied." Matthew started saying.

"So in true American fashion-" Richard attempted to say but was cut off.

"We have one more song for you all." Mark finished in a dramatic manner.

"Let's get this started!" Cake enthused as the music started. The singer brought their mics towards their faces and let the music take control.

"Love, love, love." They repeated in harmony. Vinny stepped forward as the others continued on with the four letter word.

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung. Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game. It's easy!" He finished belting out and stepped back in line.

"All you need is love. All you need is love. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need." They repeated again. The music changed and Matthew stepped forward.

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year." He finished and stepped back as Cake and Richard stepped forward.

"In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches, in miles, in laughter and strife." They sang their duet but the boy stopped as his friend continued.

"In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure a year in the life?" She sang out. They stepped back as the chorus started.

"How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of love. Seasons of love." Although two of the guys were singing in their falsetto, Cake soared easily above them. The music altered once again but Richard stepped forward alone this time.

"L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone you adore and love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart and please don't break it. Love was made for me and you." He stepped back in line while Cake, Vinny, and Mark stepped forward.

"L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone you adore and love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart and please don't break it. Love was made for me and you." The trio sang while Matthew and Richard made small background accompaniment noises. The music changed AGAIN and Vinny backed out of the lime light to make room for Matthew.

"There's a calm surrender to the rush of day, when the heat of a rolling world can be turned away." Matthew sang and rejoined the backup singers so that the duet could commence.

"An enchanted moment, and it sees me through. It's enough for this this restless warrior just to be with you." Cake cut the air with her clear voice while Mark made and awkward stance.

"Can you feel the love tonight?" Mark belted loud enough that the other four singers couldn't be heard.

"It is where we are. It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer that we got this far." Mark and Cake sang in unison. Their voices complimented each other and left little room for the three backup singers to heard. "Can you feel the love tonight? It is where we are. It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best." They stepped back into the line as the key change occurred. Each person, Matthew and Vinny had teamed up, began singing one of the different songs: Cake sang the first one, Matt and Vinny sang the second song, Richard sang the third, and Mark got his favorite song which happened to be the forth one. Like clockwork, they switched back to the first song and sang unison.

"All you need is love. All you need is love. Love, love, love." The last word divided into five parts with each person holding their note until their faces were pink. They cut off and smiled which sent the crowd in a frenzy. They were screaming and clapping, stomping and cheering, waving and praising. The singers bowed and shared a group hug. It didn't matter who won the contest; they all had fun and really LOVEd singing.