High School

Imagine being a senior in high school and the Joker is the new kid.

(F/C) : favorite color

You closed your locker with a tired arm. It was way too early for school; 6:30am. You lifted your books onto your hip and held them there as you waited for your best friend to finish gathering her things at the locker below yours. She took a few minutes longer before closing her locker and closing the lock.

She got up from off the floor and brushed off her black jeans of any dirt that may have collected while she had kneeled on the floor. She then picked up her stack of binders from the floor and gestured for you to walk with her to first period.

On your way, you decided to make some conversation about an upcoming exam in a class you shared. "So did you study for the exam on Friday?" You started.

"Nah. I'm just gonna wing it. I know for sure that everyone is gonna fail it anyway. Maybe if everyone fails, that old bat will get fired for doing a horrible job at teaching." She laughed at the thought. Although it was a joke, you knew that everything she said was true, and you laughed along with her.

~~

You huffed as you sat down hard in your first period class, next to the weird guy, Keegan. He always stank and anytime you tried to talk to him, he just stared at you intensely with wide dark brown eyes and a mouth half open, exposing his yellow teeth and disgusting breath. This happened more than once, and you learned after about 5 times to just never talk to him.

You had 2 minutes before class started and decided to organize your homework that you'd need throughout the day. You had your trigonometry homework, your government homework, the stupid drawing for art you were assigned, your French worksheet, your reading log completed with a paragraph about your reading, and the math done on the lab you did in Chemistry. You shuffled them all together and straightened them to all the sides lines up in one, nice, neat stack. You glanced at the clock as you shoved them into a (F/C) folder.

The shrill bell rang and the teacher stepped out of the hallway and to the front of the room, closing the door behind him. He sighed and started with attendance. All the students were silent from tiredness and out of respect for the teacher. He went through the list in a monotonous voice and no interest in the list at all. He eventually got to your name and called it out with the same tone as with the rest of the names.

"(Y/N) (L/N)" he said and looked up to your assigned seat. You shyly raised your hand and gave a small smile. He stared at you with a blank expression and turned his attention back to the sheet of paper with everyone's names on it.

When finally at the end of the list, his tone changed when he reached a new name. "We seem to have a new student. Jack Napier?" He looked up and his eyes scanned the room. People turned in their seats to look for this supposed new student; you were greeted with silence.

"Okay then..." he said. "Now, our lesson today starts with-" he was cut off by the heavy door opening, creating a loud screech from the old rusty hinges. In came someone you'd never seen before.

He was obviously a senior, although he looked much older than that, based on his tattoos and muscles that stood out prominently, even through his shirt. He was very pale and had dark circles around his eyes. His lips and eyes were brightly colored, his eyes a very attractive blue, and his lips a ruby red. The first tattoo you noticed was across his forehead, reading "Damaged".

He wore a white button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and maybe the first two undone (he couldn't have many more undone, due to dress code). He wore dark blue jeans and army boots along with his shirt that exposed his tattoos beneath it.

He had a smug expression, and didn't look at all guilty that he'd   1. Come in late,   And 2. Interrupted class. His eyes traveled around the room and eventually landed on you. His expression changed from smug to curious as he looked at you and into your eyes.

You felt your face get warm and you looked down. You heard the teacher speak in a tone that wasn't bored.

"Jack Napier?" He asked.

The newcomer spoke in a low, gruff voice that you were attracted to. "Yep that's me. But call me J please." He said with a smile in his voice.

"Okay then "J"," he said with almost a mocking tone. "You'll be sitting over here next to Allison." He gestured to a shy, unknown girl towards the front of the room. She looked up and her face got red, knowing that this really attractive new kid would be sitting next to her.

He looked over at Allison and the interest in his eyes faded. He then looked back at you and winked at you as he made his way to his new seat.

You didn't know why, but you were jealous. Why did she get to sit next to some hot guy and I get stuck with Keegan?! You thought. You shook it off and tried to paid attention for the rest of class.

Throughout the entire period, you kept glancing over at "J" and wondered all different things about him. What's with the tattoos? How is he so attractive? Does he like you? Why did he wink?

He looked back at you a few times in the 45 minute period and smiled insanely once. Every time he looked at you with that expression, you got butterflies for some strange reason.

The bell rang and you jumped; you weren't expecting the bell to ring so soon. You'd been so distracted that you didn't even notice the time passing.

You began to gather your things when you noticed someone was looming over you. You looked up to see J, smirking at you.

"Hi.." you said nervously.

"Hey. I saw you looking at me all of class, doll." He said with a chuckle. "So you're interested in me?"

Your face got hot and you fumbled with your things. "Umm... well you seemed to be interested in me too... so you're interested in me?" you said. You struggled with the words as you didn't really know how to cover up your embarrassment at him exposing you.

"Well, you're not wrong, sweetheart. I do take an interest in you, and I'd like to know if you'd want to go... do something sometime." He said, leaning on the table.

You looked up at him with wide eyes. Why would he take an interest in you? He was really hot and most hot guys just regarded you. You weren't used to the attention.

"Uhhh... sure. When?" You asked. You were excited.

"I'll pick you up at 8, doll face." He said with a smile, exposing grilled teeth. And with that, he left the room.

Your mood soared throughout the rest of the day. Your friends thought something was wrong, or that you were in drugs or something.

You were just elated from the attention from Mr. Hot guy this morning, and couldn't wait to go out.

End

~~

Hi! I worked pretty hard on this and took some actual names of people from my school and I thought Keegan's description was pretty spot-on.

I hope you liked it! If you did, please comment, vote, or just keep reading! Thank you all for being amazing and reading my material!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 😁

Word Count: 1316