Shadows at school

A week later, it was time to return for school. Pinkie sat next to Rarity in study hall.
"Ok which lip color screams-"
A scream then rang out.
Everyone turned their heads to trixie who collapsed with her eyes wide open with a green color. Her shadow began to rise up behind her. Into a monster!
The students ran out the room.
"Well that color is nice we got bigger problems!" Pinkie squeaked.
"But where did this shadow come from?" Rarity sputtered.
The shadow leaped at them.
"Precure! Pony Up!"
In a flash they transformed.
"Cure Generosity"
"Cure laughter!"
The did rapid punches at the shadow. The shadow slipped onto the floor and slithered away.
"Umm let's just follow it."
"Good plan! As if it wasn't obvious." Rarity muttered.
They ran after the shadow wo caused other students to fall into the same trance as trixie. The shadows separated from their hosts and began to surround.
"Precure! Balloon Pop" pinkie sent yellow and blue balloons flying like a tornado. They burst like bombs in flashes of light.
"Girls we need back up!" Rarity screamed Into her phone.
The rest of the harmony precure, ran down the hall. Already dressed.
"Where did these monsters come from?!" Twilight said.
  "They look really scary!" Fluttershy cowered.
  "They even look like our classmates..." Applejack stammered.
"Let's just get to it! Precure Red Lightning Zap!" Rainbow dash gave heaps of shocks to the shadows.
A lightning bolt zipped back at her in a darker shade of red.
"No way! It copied my attack!" Rainbow moaned.
"We need to shine then!" Said Twilight. "Precure! Shinning star burst!"
Pink stars sparkled into existence, glowing brighter and brighter. The shadows scattered back to their owners.
"Okay that was wierd." Rainbow said turning normal.
"Dashie! We seen a lot of "weird" things!" Pinkie squeaked.
"But nothing that repulsive.." Rarity checked her reflection.
"It seems to be effected by light, and no doubt it will return." Twilight said to her friends.
"So we don't know who the threat is but we know the weakness" Applejack muttered.
"The sooner we investigate the better" Whispered Twilight.
The other students and faculty alike were waking up from their trances.
"Well after class that is."