09 /scarlett/

scarlett's essay (yas)

"I expect your essays to be turned into the basket by tomorrow morning for full credit, if not you will not get any credits for your project grade, resulting in a failing grade," Mr. Bircham shouted over us, hitting his yard stick on a boys desk, "Mr. Jackson, do you want to fail?"

The poor kid looked up and shook his head no. "You may not work with your partners on the essay portion of this project, individually is how it must be written and turned in, you parter will be given the paper you wrote about them on the last day of this class." He shouted over everyone talking. Calum and I were in the front of the class, our hands under the table, laced together. His thumb rrunning over my knuckles, multiple times. "You're all dismisssed, don't forget the papers!" He shouted as we all walked out of the class.

"Want to come over?" Calum asked, his hands were pulling mine above me, and back down to swing them.

"Can't gotta write the essay, maybe some other time, bye!" I shouted, running out of the school. I'm beyond excited to write this essay, everything I've learnt about Calum within the past month can go into this; he'd see everything, which is perfect since we're attending college on competely different coasts. I can put everything I can't say in the essay.

I ran up to my room, throwing my bag on the floor and opened my laptop, I turned on my favorite 8tracks mix of classical music and wrote my essay.

Calum Hood

I'm not quite sure how to write this, considering we've known each other for a total of two months. but I'll just start with what I know about him.

When I was younger, in the eighth grade, I was completely and utterly in love with Calum, I might've been obsessed with him, but it made me happy to see him happy. Freshman year, I wouldn't say that I was completely over him, but I still liked him, very much. My sister, Violet, had come home one day with Calum, I thought she was bringing him home for me to talk to, but they had other plans. I don't really know what happened after that night, I was heartbroken that my own sister could do that.

Now, all the way to senior year; three years later, I've finally talked to Calum Hood. When we were partnered together I didn't know what to think, I was shocked, I was scared, and I was afraid. I was afraid that he'd see the real me, with all of the problems; and leave. Calum, as I soon leant, he has his problems as well. Calum isn't one to judge someone if they have problems, he just tries to help them; even if helping them makes it worse.

After a few days of us being partners, I asked him to play with me for the final concert, I didn't expect him to say yes, but he did. We would spend hours upon hours working on that piece, and as the end result, we got four scholarships.

Before any of the concert stuff, we went to the beach, about two hours out of town, since we're in the heart of New York City, it took around three hours to get there. When we got there I didn't expect him to talk to me, or for us to get along. We just sat at the beach, we enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more because I was with him; he just made it feel right. We played with the doll, we later names Mila, it's ironic because I always pictured naming my daughter Mila, even more ironic is that I pictured naming Calum and I's daughter Mila. That night on the beach was something I could've dreamt about, it was lovely. Then of course we got into the car and fought, but what I've learnt along the way of life, is that you're going to fight with people, and it won't always end things.

I remember being in my room, laying in bed when I heard Violet and Calum going at it. That was right after the beach trip we had. I felt like I was going through the heartbreak all over again. I thought my ribs were collapsing onto my heart.

I remember going downstairs to escape the noise, but I was met by Calum at the base of the stairs. I was surprised when he didn't think it was weird that I was wandering around the house. He knew I was Violet's twin. Everyone else at this school is completely oblivious to the fact that we're related; it's honestly quite sad. But Calum knew.

After I was rejoined with my bed i heard fighting, and then my name. Violet had said I was too different for anyone to love. In some senses, yes it's true. But Calum did what I didn't think anyone of his social class would do; for someone in my social class. He stood up for me, and that shut Violet up.

One thing that I've learnt about Calum and I've grown to appreciate, is that he loves to joke around and be affectionate. A few days ago, he played a prank on me that he was dead. I actually thought he was dead. My heart broke into a million parts, I didn't fully understand why I had reacted that way, I straddled his body; and cried. I cried because I lost the closest person I had to me. throughout everything we've been through I somehow managed to get emotionally attached to him. When he decided that the prank was over; I was angry, but I was more relieved. In that moment when he stood up, I realized that I, Scarlett Dawson, am in love with Calum Hood, or possibly more of an infatuation type of state.

That night, I stayed at his house, I never really took the time to look around when I was there for the first time. I looked around his room, he had posters of bands and soccer players. While I, have posters of famous musicians, classical that is; and posters of tropical places I wish to visit someday. His room, his room has a very distinct smell to it, a lovely smell. A smell I could never get tired of. Back to where I said he loves showing affection; he told me to come close to him. And we cuddled; I've never cuddled anyone before. This might be awkward for you, the teacher to read but you wanted every detail of the person; so here we are.

He said he wanted to cuddle until there was no time left to cuddle; to cuddle until time ends. Or, until we had to wake up and take care of our project. In the final days of this project it helped me find what I wanted and who I wanted.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is thank you, Mr. Bircham; you've helped me find the one person who could save me from myself.

You gave me someone to love; more than an instrument I've broke. countless times. You gave me a chance; and I thank you.

---*-----*----*---*

wOW

that was brUTAL TO WRITE I WANTED TO CRY YOU'RE WELCOME I WILL BE CRYING MYSELF INTO A COMA NOW

thank you for all of you kind comments & votes! they make me smile a lot :)

don't forget to vote, comment, share, and fan :)

xoxo~ ken