13

+PLEASE READ ENDING NOTE V V IMPORTANT+

it's winter now ok bye

scarlett's pov

I've been practicing my piece for a few days now; the same classes everyday, the same people; everything is the same. Violet transfered out of NYU, because she said it's "too easy for her" which ever makes her happy, honestly. I have the entire dorm to myself; the blue painted walls with creme carpets; it gives off a calm, soothing vibe, but in reality; it's just another room.

I sat in the bed I called my own, I stood in front of the mirror; looking at my reflection. The now faded auburn hair cascaded down my back and the front of my chest, my eyes, shining due to the reflection the sun gave off. I never really took time to notice the way my eyes looked; the way the colors would shine in the sunlight, the way the blue near my pupil would shine next to the outer green; a lovely shade. I pulled on the ends of my hair; smilling. Today, I will dye my hair black.

~*~

I walk out of the local market on one of the numerous busy streets of New York; the buses stopping to pick up passengers, the people meeting their family in small diners; the holiday spirit was in the air. I skip down the street, waving at people who smile polite smiles my direction; probably a sympathetic smile since I am walking by myself on a holiday break.

I got inside the building, stopping by my neighbor's dorm, who I've become to know fairly well. "Hello?" She answered the door, her blonde hair in a sloppy ponytail, make-up slightly smeared.

"Hello, Ava; how are you?" I smiled sweetly, she eyed me.

"Fine, wh-"

"You're going to help me color my hair black!" I exclaimed, dragging her into my dorm. I dropped the bag on the desk near my bed. "So, I'll rinse my hair out and you get the dye ready okay?" I called from the bathroom; running my hair under cold water.

"Why now? It's nearly ten PM, Scarlett." Ava complained from the other room.I ran back to Ava, my haira dripping wet. "Why black though?" She asked, holding the box in her hand, examining the words on the back.

"Because, my eyebrows are dark and I want to go dark." I explained, "isn't it self-explanitory?" I asked, in a 'duh' tone.

"Shut up or I won't help you." She snapped.

We waited ten minutes before I took a shower, watching some of the extra dye come out of my hair; I finished washing my hair and body. "Now we dry!" Avan called, running into the bathroom with a hair dryer. "God, Scar, put some clothes on." She covered her eyes with her hand, laughing. I shurugged, wrapping myself tighter in the towel sitting in front of Ava.

"Please?" I begged, sticking my lip out.

"Fine, sit forward so I can dry." She pushed my face towards the mirror, she dried my hair, burning a few spots of my head. I watched my hair turn dry; the dark color becoming more prominant. I smiled, watching Ava stand up and leave the room. "All done. Get ready, you're going to go out. I'm going to Kyle's dorm later." She winked walking out of my room. I sighed heavily, looking towards my cello and back to the bathroom.

"Why not.." I sighed, walking into the bathroom to get ready to go outside. My green eyes popped with the black hair; it gave my eyes the extra detail they were missing. I looked through my plain black make-up bag; finding a silver and grey eye shadow, black mascara, and red lipstick. I shrugged and applied my make-up. "Ow, fuck." I rubbed my eye, the mascara brush stabbed me in the eye.

I finished my make-up, looking in the mirror, I smiled. My eyes looked a shade brighter, my lips were a pale creme, I decided to ditch the red. I smiled once again, walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom area. I pulled out a black pair of leggings, a black aztec pattern hoodie and my black combat boots; needless to say, I like black. I smiled at the reflection I saw in the mirror; ignoring my insecurites. I walked out of the dorm and headed to Times Square.