14

scarlett's pov

You know, I've never been one for revenge, or for karma. It just happens.

I stood up from my bed, wiping my eyes and walking to the bathroom to start the shower; I reached for the faucet and turned it on cold.

Walking towards the closet, I walked past a mirror. The once auburn hair, now black. The once dull, and lifeless eyes; now full of color and life. I stuck my hand out, grabbing the pair of black leggings, undergarmets, and a white shirt with navy colored words that read, 'new york'. I ran back to the bathroom, throwing the clothes onto the counter and hopping into the shower. I let the freezing water hit my skin, waking me up in a sense. I soon grew tired of the cold, and moved the faucet towards the hot.

"Ow, shit." I jumped, moving the faucet back towards the middle after the water burnt my backside. I washed my hair with the moist Aussie shampoo and conditioner; I've never really understood what drew me to the specific brand; perhaps the smell of it.

I slid out of the shower, singing along to one of my favorite songs, Kiss the Girl, from the Little Mermaid. "I never knew that was your favorite song." A voice came from the corner of the bathroom, Calum's voice. I turned around screaming, covering my body with the towel.

"Calum!" I shrieked, "how did you get in here?!" I pushed him out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

"I asked the lady up front where your room was and I said I was your brother." His proud voice beamed through the other side of the bathroom door. "But if I was your brother then it'd be weird for me to say that I quite enjoyed the little show." His voice became distant, meaning he moved away from the door.

I slid my clothes on and out my hair into a sloppy fishtail braid with a black beanie covering the top of my head. "I've never understood why you picked this place out of all the other places you could've gone, with all the scholarships we- you, got." He was facing the window, his back muscles showing through the thin material of his white shirt.

"Why didn't you come here?" I retorted, "I've heard you play piano for your school." I walked back towards the dark blue duvet on my bed; the once lilac walls around the room were now coated in all the posters of musicians and photographs that were printed throughout the last few years.

"This was my favorite picture we ever took." He smiled, holding the very lasy picture we ever took together, at the carnival we attended the night before graduation. We were smiling on the ferris wheel; how cliche, right? Our smiles went ear to ear, ice cream smeared down my right cheek, with small prints on Calum's left cheek from where I smashed my cheek against his. "Why do you still have it?" He asked, holding the photograph in his hand.

"Is it a crime to remember things?" I laughed, jumping off my bed and opening the door to the hallways. "Let's go out." I laughed, skipping out of the room.

~~~~~

"So, how's school been?" I asked, swinging our hands back and forth as we walked down central park.

"Good, good. You?"

"Interesting if you must." I laughed, remembering the first day of human behaviors where I had my argument with Ms. Black. Since then I was moved to the back and rarely ever got selected to answer questions. "So, an Ivy League school? How'd ya do it?" I asked snacking the watermelon gun between my teeth.

"Working my butt off." He laughed, moving around in small circles as we approached a small diner.

~~~~~~
"Can I have a chocolate chip pancake, with scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice please?" I asked the waitress; looking at me like I was an alien.

Calum laughed and ordered, "strawberry creeps, scrambled eggs and orange juice, thanks." He smiled at the girl; more of a smirk. Her face turning a crimson red as she turned away to go to the back of the home-y diner.

"I heard you like to observe things still?" Calum asked, drawing my attention back to him from the window.

"Who said this?" I laughed, taking a sip from the waiter that sat on the pale beige table.

"Amaya."

"Well," I paused, coughing on the water I consumed. "That was unexpected." I laughed, holding my chest. "But yes, I do like observing my surroundings, Mr. Ivy League."

"Observe what you see now." He smiled, drinking from his water.

"I see you."

"That's all you see?" He blushed.

"No," I paused, sighing. "I'm not one for corny scenes. To say "you're all I see would be a lie, I see a lot around here." I placed my napkin on my lap, clearing space for my food that arrived.

I shoveled food into my mouth, hearing a few laughs from Calum; but I ignored it. "Hungry?" He laughed.

I glared at him through my eyelashes, "did your mother ever say it was rude to comment on a girls eating?" I snapped; shoving another slice of the pancake in my mouth.

"Sorry.." He mumbled shoving the last bits of the crepe in his mouth. He slid his credit card into the waitresses hand; she soon walked away. "Why didn't you offer to pay?"

I groaned, throwing my head back and rubbing my temple, "Calum!" I whined, "you give me headaches, headaches I tell you!" I slid out of the booth and ran out of the diner.

~~~~~~

calums pov

We walked Main Street New York, the crowd of people never does down here; it only grows bigger as the day progresses. "Calum." Scarlett whined.

"What?"

"I am tired." She smiled, walking ahead of me. "Come back home with me?" She tugged on her bottom lip, smiling.

"Cuddles then?" She nodded as I laughed. Running back to the dorms; the cold got worse the father we went. It never bothered me that much anyway. "Cal," She started to say as we walked into the rooming area, "the cold never bothered me; that's why I like you."

"Are you calling me cold-hearted?" Her laugh echoed through the room, her smoke captivated me. An entire room could be lit by her smile; as cliche as it sounds.

"It's not that bad." She laughed again, falling into her sheets. She was full of laughs.

"Cuddle?" I asked, kicking off my shoes and crawling under the sheets.

"I suppose." She sighed, cuddling her body against mine; trying to create as much heat as we could. Her head soon fell in the crook of my neck, light snores were soon falling out of her lips.

scarletts pov

Being the one to destroy was always meant to be my calling; but the sole purpose of why I am doing this; is for revenge. To give the pain I felt.

But what's the point? He felt the same pain.

But the one he cared about didn't leave him, alone.

~~~~~~~

that was so short im so so sorry

that was so boring and stupid i literally am up at midnight doing this bc i cant sleep bc there's just stuff going on around my neighborhood so yeAh.

anyway, sorry it sucked. it's almost new years in the story, well christmas technically but who cares tho rIght? no I'm wrong, sorry.

i have a new fanfic coming soon called 'rio' it's a calum au! check it out!

question: what's your favorite movie or book?

my fav. movie is probably the proposal

fav. book would have to be, as girly and basic as it sounds; the fault in our stars. perfect book i cried. okay, bye ilyasm. stay beautiful and safe.

twitter- @sexclubcalum

don't forget to: vote,comment,share,and fan :)

xoxo- ken <3