2

LOUIS

I wake up with Freddie on my chest sound asleep. It really is such a cute sight I've never seen. Even though I feel like my bladder is going to explode, I can't bring myself to disturb him.

I lay my head back on the pillow, trying to take my mind off of how bad I have to pee when I feel a warm sensation on my lower half. Looking down, I see my sweatpants are soaked but not from me; I still have to fucking pee.

"Freddie, wake up love." I caress his baby face, pushing his locks from his eyes when he opens them sleepily. He grunts, wrapping his arms around me tighter as he buries his face in my chest.

"I went potty daddy. I'm sorry."

I can't help but to chuckle. He's never done this before so I can't imagine how he feels about this. "It's okay, buddy. Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?" I offer him a smile to let him know I'm not mad. I could never be mad at my lad.

"You're not mad daddy?"

"Never, lad. It's alright. Daddy has to potty too," I  get up, adjusting him on my hip as I take him to the bathroom.

Before I have a chance to relieve myself, he's already stripping his soiled clothes and yelling for me to turn on the 'rain' as he calls it. I make sure the water is the perfect temperature before filling the tub for him.

"Daddy I want bubbles!" He throws his hands in the air happily.

"Alright, bubbles it is." Part of me falters when he says it, but I still happily get the bubble bath for him. I really just want to pee, then I'm all team Freddie.

Heh, Team Freddie. I should get a shirt that says that.

Once he's settled into the bath, I turn away from him and finally pee. I can't help but to let a relieving groan. I've never felt better. After I'm finished, I sit on the counter, watching him play with his bath toys. I don't bother changing my pants since I could use a shower too.

"Daddy, my tummy is hungry." He pats his stomach with a frown on his face.

I check my phone for the time. We must have fallen asleep watching the telly. "Mine is too, buddy. How about some pizza, yeah?"

His chubby arms splash the water as he nods his head. "Pizza, daddy! Yes!"

As I'm about to dial Pizza Hut's number, there's a knock on my door. "Stay here, alright? Daddy's gotta check the door."

I check on Freddie one last time to make sure there's no hazardous things lying around, then I make my way to the door. I peer through the peephole but I see nothing so I open it. No one is out except for a note taped to the wall next to my apartment.

I look down the hall to see if anyone is lurking, then I take the paper. It reads

You missed our date. You'll
pay for this next time.

My mind races, it becoming a blur as fear starts to overtake me. I throw the note down and slam the door shut as fast as I can. I put the locks on and run back to the bathroom where Freddie is supposed to be, but he isn't.

"Freddie? Shit! Where are you buddy?" I check his bedroom but he's nowhere to be found.

I open the closet to see if he's playing hide and seek but there's no sign of him. The carpet isn't even wet from him. "Oh shit shit shit,"

I take a deep breath as I open my bedroom door, hoping he'll be in here. When I see him in my closet, I sigh relief, picking him up.

"I thought I told you not to move," My voice comes out a bit more stern than intended causing him to shrink away from me.

"But I was done. I'm sorry daddy,"

His voice is small as he trips over his words. The look in his eye that indicate tears could spring at any second tears me apart. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings, I was just worried. "It's okay. But next time listen to me, okay? I was worried about you."

He nods as I set him down. "Right then. What were you doing in my wardrobe anyway?"

His blue eyes instantly light up as he runs over to the lot of clothes. "I wanted to dress up like daddy!" He pulls a white tshirt with some kind of design on the front from the drawer and puts it over his unclothed body.

"Nice job, lad. You look just like daddy," I pat his head, kissing it before I peek my head out of the bedroom, hearing another knock.

I try to keep a normal happy front on so I don't scare Freddie too much. "C'mon, you wanna have a sleepover with LiLi?"

He claps his hands together. "Yes! LiLi is my papa!"

I text Liam that we're coming over for the night. He usually doesn't care and always loves spending time with Freddie. They have such a bond. Putting my phone on my bed, I trade my soiled sweatpants for a pair of black jeans and a random tshirt from the closet. I pack a small bag of two or three outfits for myself, leaving things like hygienic needs here since Liam will have plenty.

I scoop Freddie up, taking us into his bedroom. I leave my shirt on him but put a pair of pajama pants on him. I let him pick out his own clothing that he'll want and of course his comic books.

I pack other important things like his inhaler and anything else we might need for our little stay over Liam's, then gather our bags by the door. Luckily, we mostly use backpacks for luggage so it's an easy set up for me so I can carry Freddie. I do one last house check, before packing a few snacks, then brace myself to open the door.

"Alright, buddy, let's do this." I mumble, opening the door.

"Daddy, why are we shaking?" A giggle escapes with his question.

I realize my hands are shaking with him in them so I try to internally calm down. Come on Louis. You got this. "Sorry lad. Let's get going, yeah?"

"Yes," he says confidently.

Stepping out, I close the door behind me and lock it. I look down the hall to see if anyone else is out but there isn't. I never really realized how creepy it is out here at night.

Shaking off my thoughts, I choose to take the stairs since it's much quicker to leading us out of the building and pack everything into the car. I buckle Freddie in the backseat, giving him access to a few snacks since I know he's hungry, then get in the front seat, starting the car.

I look in the rearview at my son. We'll be okay.

Wow. I love how this story is going already
J.