6

It's been three days and I'm still shaken up from the break-in. I don't know how to handle it alone but I just refuse to tell Liam that he's back. It's too risky. That's why I've decided to go back to my apartment.

It seems like every two seconds, I'm having flashbacks about our relationship every time I try to do something normal. He's changing my mental and he probably doesn't even know it, and I hate that.

I'm so ashamed, that I can't tell myself to get out of bed. I just feel like me staying in this room all day, everyday, would do everyone justice. Freddie would turn out fine because he has Liam. Yeah, that sounds like a plan—

"Louis, open the door!"

I hear Liam's voice as he bangs on the door, then the sound of tiny footsteps running up to my room. "Daddy! LiLi is here! I get the door!"

Before I have a chance to tell him no, he's already let Liam in, I'm sure. My thoughts are confirmed when they appear in the doorway of my bedroom. I roll my eyes, pulling the blanket over my head. I wish this never happened.

"Sunshine," Liam sings. "C'mon, I bought you Starbucks,"

I hear the familiar sound of a paper bag crinkling. I'm almost tempted to get up. "I want it, please."

"You gotta get up first.. You wanna help me wake up your daddy?"

"Yes! Wake up, daddy! Wake up!"

I feel the weight of Freddie crashing onto me, tugging at my blankets and clothes and poking my face. He attempts to tickle me when Liam cheers him on and I can't help but to crack a smile. How could I mope when I've got the best son in the world?

"Alright, alright. I'm up, tickle monster," I tickle the groove of his neck causing him to laugh loudly.

"No tickles daddy!" He giggles.

Ah, the sound of laughter...

Liam sits next to me on the bed, handing me his purchase from Starbucks. I haven't been to a Starbucks in quite some time. Opening the bag, I see a half eaten bagel. A half eaten bagel.

"Li!" I whine. He laughs at my misfortune, apologizing.

"I got hungry on the way. But if you get up now, I'll take you both out. My treat," He smiles, knocking my shoulder with his.

I take a deep breath, bracing myself to get up. Aside from the fear of being constantly under surveillance, I was extremely comfortable in bed. It's so warm. Freddie notices my coldness and attempts to cuddle me, climbing on my lap. It seems he's getting all the warmth rather than I. I kiss the top of his head.

"Did you eat today, lad?" I ask.

He shakes his head no before changing his answer. "I had a little bit of cocoa pops,"

I chuckle, standing up with him on my hip. Gesturing for Liam to follow after us, we all head into the kitchen for an actual breakfast. Liam declines since he ate most of my food on the way over here, so I just make myself and Freddie something to eat.

I set him at the table and place his bowl in front of him. Glancing at the clock, I see it's almost noon. "Watch him for a bit? I've gotta shower,"

"Of course. See you in a bit, then."

I run off to my room, finding something to wear before hopping into the shower. The warm water on my skin is refreshing and the lemon soap I use is quite exhilarating, which puts me in a calm place. Once I'm finished, I feel completely rejuvenated, throwing on my clothes.

As I make my way back to the kitchen, I see that Freddie is no longer eating cereal, but he's getting taught a bit of math by Liam using the cereal.