6: Location Location Location

I really wanted to update today for 2 reasons:
1. I felt like the last chapter was extremely short and it was a filler chaper so it was time to start putting some action into this story. This chapter is really short too, but if you add it to the last chapter it's 5 pages long (according to Microsoft Word). :D

2. It's February 29th !!! I can't upload on February 29th until another 4 years! so it's a special day :)

Sorry if it has a lot of errors or mistakes...or if it's poorly worded. I've been working on my English research paper for the past 7 hours and my brain has turned to mush... :(

 The picture on the right: I suppose it's the closest I can get to what I had in mind. The TV is just smaller...and well there's a lot of stuff different than what I had in mind but the windows, size, and colors come close.

btw: I'm still deciding on who to cast Alaure as. I'm debating between Ellen Page and Daveigh Chase right now, but I'm still open to other options.

Chapter 6

Day 4

“Ha! I win!” I exclaimed, “In your face!”

“I want a rematch! There’s no way you won without cheating.”

“You just don’t want to admit that you got served by a girl in Call of Duty of all games.”

“I know I didn’t because I know you cheated. I bet you were looking at my screen!”

“Oh Barney, don’t be such a sore loser, and don’t feel too bad. You didn’t know that I visit my cousins during all my breaks and play COD with them,” I smirked. “It’s not like we could have tea parties and play with Barbies,” I mocked. “You’re pretty good though. I actually thought I was going to lose at first considering how many times you shot me in the beginning, but then you let your pride get in the way and once I killed you a few times, you became too frustrated and it was evident that you would lose. You should really learn to control your emotions better.”

Baxter frowned. “Whatever, you just got lucky,” he grumbled, “So what do you want?”

“Hmm, I’m not really sure yet. Give me a minute to think about it,” I said but I already knew exactly what I wanted.

“Well, I’m going to the bathroom. If you don’t figure it out by the time I get back then you’re not getting anything.And don’t try anything while I’m gone,” he barked.

“I wont!” I said putting my hands up defensively, “I already pinky promised to you I wouldn’t!I wouldn’t break a pinky promise.”

With that, he stalked off to one of the doors in the back of the room. I waited patiently for the click of the lock on the bathroom door and jumped to the floor where Bax was sitting. I had been waiting for this for an agonizingly long time. The whole time we were playing, I couldn’t keep my mind off Bax’s iPhone, just sitting there behind him, beaconing for me to extract information. I knew I didn’t have much time, approximately two minutes. I stuck my hand under my incredibly baggy shirt, picked up the phone, and turned it on. He had a password but that didn’t matter. IPhone passwords were incredibly easy to hack. I didn’t even have to worry about being locked out by his phone. iPhones rock! I tilted the screen so I could see the marks of his fingers where he had punched in the numbers. 2,4,6 and 7. My hands were trembling as my fingers flicked around the screen mindlessly trying different combinations.

2-4-6-7.

4-2-6-7

4-2-7-6

Crap. What if he comes out.4-7-6-2

C’mon, c’mon. Don’t think, just do! 2-6-7-4

My heart was beating a million miles a minute as I typed in a few more combinations.

Flush. My head began to throb and my heart rate sped up faster than I thought was even possible. Please wash your hands. PLEASE! I silently pleaded in hopes for more time.

2-7-6-4.

Click.

YES! Finally!

I calmed down a little bit as I heard water running in what I assumed was the sink

I quickly scanned over the first page of apps knowing there was a 97% chance it was there. My eyes were scanning everything so quickly, I could barely see anything. You can do this Alaure, c’mon. Only a little over a minute left. Stay calm. Panicking never helps.

Maps. Maps. Maps. Maps. Yes!

As the application opened up, ready to type in my address when I read the coordinates already in there my eyes widened disbelievingly.

Hearing the water from the sink turn off I hurriedly returned to the home screen, closed the screen, and put his phone back exactly as I had found it.

My heart was beating erratically in fear. The door knob began wiggling. Jumping off the ground, I quickly and quietly strode over to the CD shelves, acting as if I had been looking through them the whole time. I could hear my pulse in my ears. My heart felt as if it were going to burst out of my chest. My arms and legs were trembling and I could barely manage to keep myself standing. I closed my eyes and took in a few deep breaths, substantially reducingmy heart rate.

“Did you decide what you wanted?” Bax asked.

I turned around to face him, trying my best to give him a mischievous smile and cover up my discomfort. “I did.”

“This ought to be good.” he mumbled, “Okay what?”

“I want you to convince this “master” guy to allow me to stay in a bedroom for as long as I’m here.”

“HAHAHA,” he burst out laughing, “Good joke. Seriously, though, what do you want?”

“I’m serious. I hate that cell.”

“You know the chances of that happening are about 2%. “

“I don’t care. I want you to try to convince him in any way possible. Get me a room.”

“You couldn’t think of anything else?”

“Well what did you expect me to say? ‘I want you to bake me cookies while doing the chicken dance’? I’m much more practical than that.”

“Alright, fine. But if he says no then you don’t get anything else.”

“Okay.” I didn’t care what I had to do to get that bedroom; I would do anything to get it. It was crucial to my next step in escaping because I had only one thing on my mind,

getting out of Alaska.

I'm planning on uploading Monday. I wrote out 5 pages by hand on Tuseday but I haven't had time to type all of it up yet.  Sowwy :(