The Unknown

I'm sorry!!!! But I think it was worth the wait. It's long and crucial

I DIDN'T EDIT SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES!

CHAPTER 27: The Unknown

***IMPORTANT: THIS IS MAY BE A CONFUSING CHAPTER!!!  If you get confused ANYWHERE at all, please leave a comment or message!! This is a pivotal chapter!***

I felt like I had been driving forever. I was paranoid at first, constantly checking my mirrors, expecting to see one of Damon’s cars drive up behind me and stop me, but as time and the distance from the house increased, I began to ease up, feeling more relaxed as if I were driving to a friend’s house or something.  Unfortunately, with that relaxed feeling, fatigue engulfed me much easier from the lack of sleep and the great amounts of concentration it was taking me to safely steer my way through the mountain.  I contemplated pulling over safely, but I was scared they would catch up with me if they had finally figured out I was gone. Damon said he would hunt me down if I left and I didn’t quite doubt his word yet.

It was 4:56 now. Snow was lightly beginning to fall all around me. Under normal circumstances, I would have been elated, ecstatic, and jumped out of the car to play in the snow, but these were not normal circumstances and I became distressed.  I couldn’t bring myself to drive over 45mph on this snowy narrow road out of fright. All around me, all I saw was white snow and white capped mountains. It seemed as if this mountain was bottomless. It could take hours for me to reach the bottom, especially under these circumstances.

As time ticked by, I found myself yawning more and more, to the point where my jaw hurt from being over stretched.  To add to my luck, the snow began to fall even harder and faster.  I needed to pull over no matter what happened because I was now putting myself in too much danger, but I couldn’t find a safe place to do so.

Nadya POV

Like every morning, I rose at 6:00 AM to make breakfast and get a healthy, early start to my day, although today was quite a bit earlier than usual. Something in me felt off, waking me up naturally more early than usual. Oh well, lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it, mother always said. I slipped into my slippers, brushed, washed my face, and walked down to the kitchen. I absentmindedly began shuffling through the cabinets in attempt to be inspired for what to make. I was looking through the panty when my eyes settled on a pancake mix.

Oh that’s perfect! Chocolate chip pancakes, Alaure’s favorite. It might make help raise her mood a smidge, even for a while. I grinned happily at the thought, but the smile soon faded as I thought about what had put her in such a mood.  It was absolutely horrifying last night to hear what Damon had done to Alaure. I couldn’t believe my ears and that Damon would actually do something so monstrous. He had never raised his hand at a woman before, so what on earth had gotten into him. Even getting drunk was something Damon hadn’t done in years.  After Bax had retold the events of the night before and retired to his room, I severely scolded Damon. I had never been so disappointed in him. Oh Alaure, that poor, sweet, innocent child.

Humming to myself, I mixed the needed ingredients together when Damon came downstairs.

“Good morning Nadya,” he greeted sleepily.

“Good morning,” I replied curtly.