7: Hide and Seek part 1

Tip to any writers out there. DON'T WRITE YOUR ENTIRE CHAPTER ON NOTEBOOK PAPER AND PLAN TO RE-TYPE IT TAKES FOREVER!!!! But then again it's a good way to edit. It's just super time consuming. It took me more than 3 hours to re-copy what I wrote on notebookpaper to here. Anyways...

       CHAPTER 7 YAY!

 Day 4

Smack! “Yes!” Baxter shouted as he shot in another ball.

Usually billiards was one of my best games, it was all geometry, but I was completely unfocused ever since I had looked at Baxter’s phone.

I was stil trying to absorb the fact that I was in freaking Alaska! More pressing was the issue as to why my address was already typed into Baxter’s phone.  Was he the one who brought me here? Why? Did I ever do anything to him?  The fact that I couldn't remember anything at all was as annoying as an alarm clock blaring in the morning without an off button. I couldn't get it out of my head.

I was desperately trying to remember anything from the night before I woke up here but I always came up empty.  And now with the possibility of having seen Bax before, I was constantly looking at his face in hopes that something in his face would trigger my memory and tell me that I knew him. There had to be something in his perfectly messy hair or his warm maple syrup eyes, or possibly his palatable pink lips…or his…his brawny body…oh...or his protruding pecs, or his burly biceps…

                  "...turn!"

                 "Huh? What?" I asked shaking my head lightly, breaking my trace.

                 "I know I'm sexy and it's hard to not stare at me, but could you at least pay attention to when it's your turn," he smirked.

              "I was not staring at you," I retorted, trying to make my voice as even and confident as possible. I silently scolded myself for brazenly staring at him.

            Is this how I would act without homework as a distraction? This was bad. I was so used to being constantly preoccupied by homework, clubs, and volunteer organizations. I wasn't used to dealing with guys. In fact I had managed to avoid the opposite sex since my freshman year in high school after what happened in 8th grade. I shuddered and shook the thought out of my head. I really didn't want to think about those times.

"Hurry up and make a move!" Bax whined.

            "Alright, alright, geez. No need to get your panties in a twist." I was losing. He had five of his balls in and I only had two. I sighed an aimed my cue at the orange striped 13-ball. It was an easy shot. I just had to angle it with enough power to shoot off the wall and--

Thud.

                "Did you hear that?" I asked, suddenly alert .

              "Quit stalling Alaure. No one likes a sore loser. Make a move or accept defeat already!"

                Where was that mentality when we were playing MW3? "I'm serious Bax; it sounded like a door closing...maybe the front door?"

               "We're on the third floor. You can't even hear that from up here," he sighed rolling his eyes," You really are no fun to play with."

               "Okay, you know what? You win you bumptious chaff!"

               "A what what?"