Chapter 3

Cassie

Melody had woken me up in the night crying from a nightmare. I had her cuddled close to my chest while she softly sucked on her lip. "Shhhhh it's just a dream baby it wasn't real. Mommys here she's not gonna let anything happen to you."

After a while Mel seemed to calm down. Her breathing even out and her eyes closed once again. I felt bad that I couldn't take all her pain away. So I decided to have a day together watching movies and cuddling when we woke up.
-----
Melody

When I woke up I was alone in the bed. Where's mommy? Grabbing my lamby, I head out towards the kitchen.

Mommy was standing at the stove cooking bacon. I ran up and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Up mommy, uppies please!" She smiled down and lifted me up.

"How did you sleep baby girl?" I kissed her nose "Me slept good mama cuz you cuddle me."

"You're so precious. My little girl."
"Whatcha cooking?"
"I'm cooking some bacon and pancakes for us. What do you say we stay inside today and watch movies. You can have your friend over." She had been begging me all weekend to have Lizzy over and i figured this would be a good distraction.

"Me text her."
-----
Cassie

Lizzy showed up just as the movie started. Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses- Mel's favorite. (honestly my fav little space movie)

I opened the door and was surprised to find a cute girl about my height wearing dark jeans and a black blouse. She gave off waves of confidence "You're Lizzy?"

She smirked "I actually go by Elizabeth but Melody calls me Lizzy. Expecting a little?"
"Yeah sorry I kind of was."

"Melody and I met at work. You must be Cassie I've heard so much about you. And I mean I've heard everything about you." We smiled at each other and I invited her inside.

"Hey baby Elizabeth is here!"

I heard the pitter patter of her feet on the floor as she barreled into us. "Come on!!" Melody pulled us into the blanket fort we made together.

Elizabeth laid on Mel's right side and I was on her left. We cuddled close under the blanket and both placed kisses on her forehead. She giggled and pulled Lamby closer.

"I love you guys."