Chapter 15

Cassie

Melody and Chris were joined at the hip all week. I rarely saw one with out the other.

"Liz is everything packed?" After 4 wonderful days with Liz's mom, we had to go back home. We all had work in two days and we needed some time to unpack.

Liz had been kind of secretive. When she would get phone calls she would step out of the room. I trusted her enough not to think it was something to do with our relationship. I hoped she would tell me soon so I could stop wondering.

Melody was extremely upset that we had to leave her new best friend Chris. She cried all day today and pouted. She refused to eat or pack.

We managed to get her in the car after we said our goodbyes. "When am I gonna see Chrissy (Chris) again?" She sniffles quietly in he back seat.

"I don't know honey. Hopefully soon." Liz said.

Liz

I had another job offer. I hadn't told Cassie because I was worried about what it meant for our family. I knew I was gonna tell her and Melody about it on the drive back home. It was only two hours away.

"Babe?"
She gave me a side glance. "What's up?"
"So I know you've noticed me being secretive lately. I wanted to tell you guys," I glanced back at my baby to make sure she was listening, "I got a job offer. It would mean moving out here near our parents."

I held my breath as I waited for her to say something. Melody squealed. "We would get to see Chrissy more! Yay yay can we pwease!"

"You want to move? I mean I would have to think about it but it would be nice to be closer to your mom."

"We have about two weeks to decide but I think it would be nice. We could move in together."
Cassie smiled at me and took my hand. "I love you."

"I love you too"

Melody

"And me loves mommies." I clapped my hands.

I wanted to move to be closer to Chris and Nana (Liz's mom). I loves them so much.

"Mama do you has my blankie? I can't finds him."
"Here you go little one. Are you gonna nap?"

I shook my head no. "Me gonna play games." I pulled out my phone and started to mess around. All of the sudden I got a text and giggled.

"What's funny pretty princess?"
"Chrissy texted me!"

Chris: Hi baby Melody. I miss you :(
Mel: Chrissy! Me wanna play with you!
C: Me too. It's no fun with out you here
M: We might move out there! And we can play all the time
C:Really? That's so awesome.
M: Me love you Chrissy
C: Are you sleepy baby Mel?
M: Yes :(
C: Go night night. Daddy says I have to take a nap anyway
M: Night night sleep tight

I shut off my phone and gave it to mama. "Me go sleepys. Ni ni!"

"Love you baby!" Mommies both said.

Cassie

Moving? How would that even work? I guess I would have to request a transfer because my company had an office near Liz's moms house.

It was still a lot to think about. But it would be really nice to be close to family and to be able to move in with Liz. I loved her so much and she made Mel incredibly happy.

"I think we should do it." I said quietly as to not wake up Mel.
"Hmm?"
"I think we should move out here." Liz's face broke into a giant smile. Her eyes lit up. I loved when she looked happy. I couldn't help but smile as well. "Are we doing this?" I asked.

"We're doing this. We're moving in together!"

"Wait but what about Melody's job?" How could I forget about her?

"Well since she's my assistant she would just come with us, obviously, and continue to work for me. I think this could be really good for our family."

I couldn't stop smiling. "Me too. I'm really excited to move in with you and become a family."

Liz lifted my hand and kissed the back of it.