Four ➸ Storm

Dedicated to KarateChop and druidrose for being my two biggest Wattpad writing inspirations! You're both so incredibly talented and such beautiful people. (inside and out!) I'm so happy to know you guys.

"How did you memorize this place already?" Warren asked the two girls

"How did you memorize this place already?" Warren asked the two girls. One of the lights flickered as he spoke. They were down on the third floor where the control room was located.

"We've been here for like a week, it wasn't too hard to do," Paradox answered.

"I couldn't memorize it in a week," he replied.

"Yeah well..." She grinned. "You're not me."

"Can you please be quiet?" Aurora huffed.

"There's no one here to hear me."

Warren spoke too soon. A guard ran down the hallway they were about to enter, speaking into his radio in a terrified voice. "Turn off the alarm system or the prisoners will panic! What do you mean you can't turn them off?"

The three of them stopped dead in their tracks. "Why exactly will we panic?" Warren whispered, sounding alarmed.

Aurora took off in the guards direction.

"We're about to freaking find out." Paradox grabbed Warren's arm. "Come on."

"Alrighty..." Warren didn't hesitate to follow.

When they caught up to the guard again, staying hidden in the shadows, they listened to him talking once more. "Alright, how long do we have to prepare before the alarms go off? We won't be able to work as fast with them all freaking out."

They barely hear the muffled reply. "I don't know exactly. Depends on how strong this storm gets. There's nothing that can be done to fix this now. Meet me..." The waves get too loud to hear anything further.

"I really don't like how that sounded." Warren said after the guard jogged away.

Neither of the two girls answered him.

"Control room?" He raised his eyebrows.

Aurora still looked upset that he was with them. "Follow me."

The three didn't even need to be careful on the walk there. There were no guards in sight.

"Something's wrong..." Paradox said, her eyes darting around the hallway.

"Yeah no duh, Sherlock." Warren grinned at his joke.

Paradox rolled her eyes. "The control room is right there." She pointed down the hallway at a room with the door wide open.

"Is it supposed to be open like that?" Warren asked. Aurora was already sprinting towards it.

"Nope."