Seven ➸ Ghost

Aurora opened her eyes and looked around. Then everything came flooding back. The hole in the ship, the way her heart was racing when they tried to get Mirage out, how the storm whipped her hair around when she was on the top deck, and Paradox.

Paradox.

Aurora sat up and balled her fists at her sides. She wanted to hit someone. Hard.

A fire was burning just a few meters away from her. Most of her inmates were gathered around it. She didn't bother to see who wasn't; she genuinely didn't care. What she did care about was making sure Paradox hadn't died in vain. She was determined to get off the island, go home, and tell everyone the truth about what her friend had found before they were sentenced. It was to be Paradox's legacy.

Aurora stood up. She felt disgusting, which made her anger surge through her even more so. Her clothes were damp, her hair was clinging to her neck, and she had sand all over her body. It had even made it's way into one of her boots. She sucked on her teeth, making a snapping sound, and started to walk towards the bonfire. As long as no one talked to her, she would be fine.

They all looked up at her as she approached, but no one spoke. Good. She yawned and stretched, putting her arms above her head with her hands behind her neck. They still stared.

"What time do you think it is?" Nicole finally broke the silence.

"A time where people argue if you should call it really early in the morning, or really late at night." Logan replied.

Another long silence followed. Aurora looked at each one of them. The boy that knocked her out, he wasn't there. She glared. Coward.

"They should be back by now." Aurora heard Jake whisper. The sound of his voice made her crazy. She wanted to strangle him. No, she wanted him to drown too. While anyone who wanted to help was made to watch, and wait. Aurora's insides burned. She took a step in his direction when she was stopped by the appearance of two figures on the beach. One of them was carrying something. She tilted her head and watched as they came closer.

No, not something. Someone.

Aurora ran, her black boots kicking up sand behind her. Just before she reached Warren, she began to slow down. She looked at him and opened her mouth to speak.

"She's fine." Warren spoke before she had a chance to.

Every tense muscle in Aurora's body relaxed. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. "Okay."

"Okay?" Warren smirked. "No, 'thanks Warren for saving my friends life' or anything?"

"No. Just 'okay.'"

"Alright." The smirk stayed. He tilted his head towards Paradox. "Can you walk?" He whispered.

"Yes, Warren, I'm fine." Paradox responded.

Aurora watched him set Paradox down and hold her elbow to keep her steady. "I've got it." She said, taking hold of Paradox's other arm.

"No its oka—" Warren started.

"I said, I got it." Aurora repeated, staring him down.

"Alright," Warren said. He left them alone and walked towards the fire.

"You're a jerk." Aurora hissed at Paradox after he was gone.

"What did I do?" Paradox laughed and coughed at the same time.

"You made me think you were dead, you a—"

"But I'm not." Paradox interrupted. "And I'm perfectly fine to walk without your help.