Chapter 2: Keep Close

Star and Marco sat downstairs eating nachos and doing homework. Star was looking at Marco and her mind wandered off into space. Ever since she arrived at Earth she had a huge crush on Marco. She had a way of hiding her feelings to the point of pretending to like Oskar. She was a master, and she had never blushed around him. "Um Star, are you okay?" He asked. Star snapped out of her trance. "Ya, just these nachos are really yummy!" She gave out a nervous laugh. It was hard to hide her emotions lately, and she had no clue why. "Okay, but if you need help with your homework just ask me." Star frowned. "I wish we didn't have homework" she said. Marco walked over and put his hand on her shoulder. "So, Star, are you really doing homework or..." He asked. Star was really just doodling unicorns and puppies and rainbows. Star looked embarrassed. "Oh come on, I hate homework. Besides, its not due 'till tomorrow, we have all day!" Marco was worried about her. He didn't want her to get detention. After all, she was his best friend "Star, I don't want you to get in trouble, please?" She couldn't resist. "Okay Marco, I'll do it." She said. And she did. Later, Marco and her were upstairs. "Hey Marco, can you give me a rating on my dress?" She asked. "Sure, why not? I mean, it'll probably look very nice on you" Marco replied. Star went in her closet and put on her dress. "Woah..." Marco said. "Do you like it?" Star asked unsure. "Yes, you look amazing in it" He replied. Star blushed a little. "Well, its late. What do you say we go to bed?" Marco asked. "Nah, let's watch a movie instead." Star refused to sleep. So they went downstairs, made popcorn and watched a movie. An hour later, Marco told Star "Time to get to bed", but he couldn't because she was snuggled close to him, fast asleep. He smiled and fell asleep.