Chapter 5: First True Love

Marco sat in his room reading Star's journal. He couldn't find anything about himself until he saw a page labeled My Thoughts On Marco, which surprised him. When he looked he saw that Star wrote something unexpected...she wrote that she had a crush on...HIM? He was confused when all of a sudden she barged into his room. Marco tried his best to hide the book. "MARCO! WHERE'S MY JOURNAL?" she yelled. "Wait, what is that?" She pointed to the purple book underneath his blanket. Star yanked it out and knew instantly what Marco was doing. "Star, I-I can explain..."
"I don't want explanations! I want you to tell me why you were looking in my journal!" Star screamed. Marco's face was so red. He was getting chewed out by his best friend. So he told her. "Star, don't you remember when you wouldn't tell me what your secret was?" Star nodded. "Well...I figured out that you had a crush on me." Star's face went super red. She blushed a whole lot. "See why I didn't wanna tell you?!" Star stomped off to her room with her journal. Meanwhile Marco was upset. She shouldn't be so angry...hmmm...aha! I know what'll make her happy! Marco went to Star's room. "Oh Star come out here" she didn't speak but instead grumbled. He turned on music and Star got up. She started to have fun, and they laughed. Soon the music turned slow. "May I have this dance?" Marco asked. "Of course" Star said, smiling. They danced slow, then all of a sudden Star was getting closer to Marco's face. She lay her head on his chest. He smiled. She smiled. Soon the dance was over. "Thanks for cheering me up, Marco. I appreciate it." Star then kissed his cheek. They both blushed and laughed for a while. Then it went silent. Marco put his hand on her cheek and she went closer to him. They both puckered up their lips. They both felt love when their lips met. Star jerked away. "Wait, Marco, do you like me? Is that why you kissed me?" There was a long silence. "Star, I would've never kissed you if I didn't like you."
"But don't you like Jackie?"
"Not anymore...it's you" They both smiled. Star pulled him to her and kissed him again. They hugged for so long. "Um, Star? What's gonna happen when you become queen of Mewni? Will I ever see you?" Star remembered. "I don't know. But you will see me soon is something I know for sure."