Chapter Seven

What class do I have next? Oh right, lunch.

"Hey Maya," Lucas says standing next to me.

I jump to the side and look at him angrily.

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"I'm sorry?" he says, but it sounds like a question.

"Are you questioning your ability to be sorry Ranger Rick?"

"No, and I see the nicknames have returned."

"Did they ever leave Lucas?"

"Well they are definitely a lot less common."

"You don't say."

"Stop being so smart with me."

"I do what I want," I say then punch him on the shoulder.

"Also, why are you here?" I ask.

"Is it a crime?" he asks.

"No, but why aren't you with Riley?"

"Good question."

What are you on about Lucas?

"What do you mean? She is your girlfriend shouldn't this be a no-brainer?" I ask.

"Maya, you usually walk alone. Riley will be fine this one time," he says.

I'm not going to lie. His nervous face is really funny, maybe I should stop harassing him.

"Calm down, I'm just messing around," I say while laughing.

"I hate you," he says.

"Sure you do," I say.

He doesn't respond so I look over at him and his face looks so guilty, yet innocent at the same time.

Could Zay be right about what he said?

"Okay we are going to be late we should go," I say.

We start to walk away and then the bell rings.

"Shoot," Lucas yells then starts running.

I start to run behind him, and then he trips. I fall on top of him.

Well this is awkward, but I'm okay with it.

"You're so clumsy," I say.

"Get off of me," he says laughing, then slightly pushes me and I roll onto the floor.

I get up and then put my hand out to help him up. He grabs it, and I start to pull him up.

"What are you guys doing?' I hear Riley ask.

What the heck is she doing here?

" I fell," Lucas says.

So innocent.

"I mean why didn't you walk with me to lunch Lucas?" she asks.

I'm just going to let them talk.

"Because I always walk with you. I figured maybe Maya would want to go with someone for once."

Don't drag me into this I did not ask you to walk with me, Sir.

"So you ditch your girlfriend?"

"I didn't ditch you, I just had to go to the bathroom and when I came out I saw Maya so I went over and talked to her."

Oh so I was just a coincidence huh? Or is he just making an excuse? I don't know, I don't want to be part of this argument.

"Well why are you late?"

"Well we were talking and kind of forgot we had school and then realized we were going to be late and started running then I fell and now we are here," he says.

He forgot we had school? I mean I guess I kind of did too.

"What do you mean you "forgot we had school?" she asks.

"She punched me and argued that I should be with you instead of her."

"Thank you Maya."

I give her a smile, even though I wasn't opposed to him walking with me.

"I'm sorry Riley, I promise I will walk with you tomorrow if it upsets you," he says.

That awkward moment when Riley does this exact thing to me everyday.

"Ok. Let's go or we are going to be even more late," she says.

Riley grabs Lucas's hand and I follow behind them. I'm used to being the third wheel at this point. Maybe I should try to find someone else. Riley and Lucas have each other. I should respect that a little more.

When we get to the cafeteria, Farkle asks where we have been.

"Lucas and Maya were having a boxing match at her locker," Riley says.

This surprisingly makes me laugh. I would have won.

"It wasn't that bad," Lucas says.

For some strange reason, this lunch seems different. They actually include Zay and me.

The only thing I can't figure out, is why Lucas is the one who keeps trying to include me when it should be Riley.

=====

Here I go again being extremely unpredictable with my updates. I have no schedule. I am actually already done with the next chapter and working on nine because I like being ahead so I can update everyday. Hopefully you are enjoying so far don't be afraid to comment I want to laugh. 😂😂