Chapter Twenty Five

"Oh crap," I say, throwing my hands into my face.

"What? Is everything okay?" Zay asks.

"I just realized Lucas and I never went to see the movie," I say lowering my hands quickly to my thighs.

"Oh, do you want to watch a movie?" he asks. I guess I'm going to be watching a movie with Zay after all.

"Yeah sure."

"Which one do you want to watch?"

"You can pick," I say pushing my hair out of my face.

He walks over to the TV and kneels down. He opens the door of the TV stand and examines it thoroughly. He looks around for fifteen seconds then pulls one out. It quickly disappears behind his back.

"It's a surprise, close your eyes," he says. A smirk quickly grows onto his face.

I close my eyes and hear him shuffling around. The TV clicks on and he puts the disc in.

"Keep them closed until I say so," he says. He walks over and grabs my shoulders. He starts pulling and leads me to a random spot. I'm assuming it's in front of the couch because I can see a light glimmering in front of me.

"Sit down," he commands, lifting his hands off. I bend my knees and put my hands behind to find the couch. Thankfully it's actually there. I would have killed him if he was pranking me.

I hear the trailers running and that's the only thing I can hear. I don't know what Zay is doing, but if he just leaves me here, he will be dead.

I hear a song start playing. It sounds like a beach song.

"Open your eyes," he says.

"Seriously Zay? High school musical?"

"Two," he says. He must think he's so smart.

"You're joking right?"

"Nope, not at all," he says with a smirk, then gestures toward the ground. There is a blanket set up and two bowls of popcorn.

"When did you do that? How did you do that without me hearing you?"

"I can't share my secret."

"I swear I won't tell a soul."

"I have a microwave in my room," he says with a smile.

"Why?"

"It comes in handy sometimes," he says looking at the TV. "So are we watching this or what?"

"Fine."

I get off the couch and sit down in front of one of the popcorn bowls. Zay walks out and comes back with some pillows.

"Catch," he says, tossing one to me.

I sit the pillow in front of the popcorn bowl and lay down on my stomach.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"I'm not sure," I say.

"Maya..." he says, giving me a glare and trying to hold back a smile.

"Oh. Summertime," I say, then shove my head into the pillow, internally cringing at myself. He just lets out a small giggle then hits play on the movie.

~

"Well thank you for showing me this beautiful movie Zay," I say, pulling my body up into a sitting position and placing the pillow on top of my legs.

"You're welcome. I believe it's the best movie ever made."

"Of course you do," I say, closing my eyes and gently placing my plan over my face.