Chapter Nine

If you like yourself some quality Lucaya read the authors note at the end. ;)
======

Riley: Lucas. If you don't love me just tell me it would be easier than assuming it.

Riley starts to hug me and buries her head on my shoulder.

"I'm scared Peaches," she says with tears streaming down her face.

I wrap my arms around her and let her cry. I don't even care that she is getting my shirt wet right now. Well I kinda care but her feelings are more important right now.

Lucas: It's not that at all Riley, it really isn't. It's just hard.

Riley: What do you mean?

Lucas: Feelings are scary Riley. You know that.

Riley: That's exactly why I need to know.

Lucas: Can I have some time?

She starts crying again then rests her head on my shoulder. I grab a box of tissues for her and she gives off a half laugh, half cry snort noise and takes one from the box.

"Thanks," she says.

"Anytime."

Maya: She says yes.

Lucas: Why can't she tell me?

"Can I tell him?" I ask.

"Might as well," she says.

Maya: Because a certain... Huckleberry made her cry.

Lucas: Riley don't cry.

Riley: Why were you so guilty today?

Lucas: What?

Riley: When I saw you and Maya, you looked guilty like something happened.

Lucas & Maya: Nothing happened.

Riley: I trust you Maya, but I think Lucas thought something happened.

Lucas: No.

Riley: You always walk with me Lucas. And now that Maya invited you to hang out, you act like she is your priority.

"Maya I'm not blaming you by the way. I know that if he tried to do something you would stop it immediately and tell me," she says.

I give her a comforting smile.

She's right. That's who I am.

Lucas: I told you already, I happened to be in the bathroom so I walked with her because she happened to be there when I was done.

Riley: Do you promise?

Lucas: I promise.

"Do you think he is being honest?" she asks.

"I have no idea. I hope he is trustworthy," I say.

Riley: While you think about the decision, maybe it is best if I don't go to the game with you tomorrow.

Lucas: Why?

Riley: I don't want to distract you. If you need to think I will give you some space. (sabrina where u at)

Lucas: But I have two tickets who am I going to take?

Riley: Take Maya.

Maya: What?

"Go with him. Maybe he will tell you how he feels," she says.

"Riley I can't," I say.

"And why not?"

"That would be two times within like three days. Can't have him falling in love with me again," I say laughing. Thankfully, Riley laughs too.

"Don't let him," she says.

"What do you mean?"

"Even if he does, don't feel bad for him. Make sure he knows he still has a girlfriend."

Lucas: Do you want to go Maya?

Maya: Why not.

Lucas: Ok cool.

Maya: By the way who is playing?

Lucas: Giants vs Cowboys. Thursday night football. Should be a good game.

Maya: Oh it's at night?

Lucas: Yeah.

Maya: Ok let me ask me mom most importantly.

"Stop being such a good kid. 'Let me ask my mom,'" Riley says laughing.

"Hey watch it," I say, also laughing.

Maya: Hey mom can I go see a football game tomorrow night with Lucas?

Mom: Whatever just don't die.

Maya: I will try.

"Well she said yes," I tell Riley.

Maya: Hey Lucas she said yes.

Lucas: Great. We are going to have to leave school early tomorrow. It only takes about a half hour to get there, but we are going to go down early so we can eat and other stuff.

Maya: Sounds good. See you tomorrow.

Riley: I'm still here.

Lucas & Maya: Lol 😂

Riley: It's not funny I'm lonely.

Maya: I am literally at your house?

Riley: Shh. 😂

Lucas: Goodnight guys. 😂

Riley & Maya: Goodnight.

"Well Riles I should get home."

"No stay."

"I don't wanna, I forgot my charger," I say.

"Fine," she says and opens the window.

"Bye!" I shout while climbing out the window.

====

GUYS OKAY SO LIKE IN GIRL MEETS SWEET 16 GO TO WHERE EVERYONE IS LIKE PRESENTING WHEN HE CALLS FOR LUCAS AND ZAY LIKE LOOK AT MAYAS FACE IDK IF ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS BUT IM SCREAMING

HERE IS A PICTURE I WISH I COULD PUT THE VIDEO IN AHH. LIKE I SAID IDK IF ANYONE SAW THIS OR NOT BUT SHE IS STARING RIGHT AT LUCAS AND MY HEART. OKAY SORRY FOR WASTING YOUR TIME.