Chapter 1: I Won't Back Down

~~~Justin~~~

My alarm went off and I hit the snooze button rolling over when the ground starts to shake. 

"Come on Justin you'll be late for school" dad boomed.

"10 more minutes dad!" I complained.

The giant door in my room opened and dad walked in and sat down next to my bed. 

"Come on sport you don't want to be late for your first day of high school. Do you?"

I sat up and looked at dad, "I'm scared dad, at orientation people made fun of me for being half giant and half human"I said sadly.

"You know if anything upsets you call me or your mother we will be there right away for you sweetie" dad said as he picked me up.

"I love you dad" I said hugging his hand.

"I love you too son" he said putting me in his shirt pocket as he brought me down stairs. 

When we got into the kitchen mom was cooking me pancakes for breakfast.

"What none for me?" dad joked.

"The last time I tried it wasn't enough and I spent four hours on it. So make it your self Caleb" Mom said with a smirk.

"Touche, You win this one" dad said.

"And every single one of them" she said shaking the spatula at him which made us all laugh.

We finished and I got ready for school. Dad drove me to school and wished me a good day. I just gulped when I got there. My middle school was a human one and the only reason why they let me in was because I was human sized but, everyone teased me.

I went in and got my schedule from the office. I was getting dirty looks from everyone that was at my middle school except from Jules. She is my best friend...my only friend for that matter. She didn't have friends either because she is like me, half human and half giant. 

We saw each other in the office and walked out with each other.

"Hey, Just what's your first period?" she asked.

"I have anatomy. What about you?" I asked.

"Oh my goddess I have the same class" We both giggled and walked down the hall. 

The human hall is a glass corridor hanging above the giant hallway and dips down to into the classrooms. All of the teacher here are giants which put me at ease because if something would happen they could stop it. 

We got into anatomy with Mr. Burk who is this sweet old man. Halfway through class someone walks through the giant door. He has brown hair in a buzz cut, dark red eyes that could kill on sight, and he is ripped. He sat down in the chair in the back of the room and started to carve something into the desk. I looked back at the teacher until the bell rang.

We got up and walked into the human hallway until Derek showed his ugly ass face. 

"Well if it isn't the disgusting half bloods" he said with venom in his voice. 

"Can you take your head out of your ass for the first day" Jules said to him.

"Watch it boys she is getting angry" Derek mocked. He stepped up to me and punched me right in the eye, "That is for not keeping a leash on that bitch" he said before walking away.

I got up and went into the bathroom to put some cold water on my eye when I saw that late guy from earlier in there. I quickly turned around and ran out of there not wanting any trouble. When Jules saw me she looked confused.