04: Sugar Daddy

To all the people out there who are sweet as sugar.

SarahattheDisco168

••••••

I was relieved that he was here and that he had done what he had done. I'm not sure if I would've done it. Scratch that, I know that I wouldn't have done it.

I'm glad he was there to stop me. I felt even more guilty about it now and despite the fact that I wanted to hang my head down in shame, I continued to stare back at him.

"My camera!"

I blinked at the screech and spun around to find Molly crouching down, examining the broken remains. Her sister joined her, staring wearily at Ace. And the surprised group of girls slowly released their victim, which caused Jesse to fall to the ground.

Everyone was silent for a second.

Then, Ace walked up to Jesse and helped her stand up while she started to hastily cover herself up. She was still crying silently, the soft sobs echoing in the hall now. She didn't even bother putting her jacket back on as she turned around and ran out the hall.

Then there was silence again and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I didn't meet their eyes because I wasn't sure what I was going to find.

Possibly accusation. Or anger. Or maybe they'd understand.

I couldn't help but look at Ace again. He met my gaze with that disgusted look in his eyes. "Could've just as easily been you too, Wilson," he said, his lips barely moving. "You wouldn't like that, would you?"

And with that, he left, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I glanced towards the floor and involuntary shuddered a little. It could've been me too...

I could've been the one being humiliated and stripped of my respect and dignity. I could've been the one who ran out of the hall, crying.

"Shìt, it's ruined," Molly whined, interrupting my thoughts. "And I bought this just last year too."

I took a deep breath and suggested that we all leave, in case Ace decides to inform the authorities about what we were doing here.

Lottie shrugged. "Eh, he doesn't look like a tattle-tale."

"He definitely doesn't look like a knight in shining armor either but that's what he just did," Tasha responded, tapping away on her phone as if nothing had happened. "Makes one wonder whether him and Jesse are getting serious with each other."

Addy snorted. "Serious? With that hōe? If that's true, then Ace has some pretty low standards."

"And that he's grown soft," Tasha looked up from her phone, her eyes dancing wildly. She lived for this kind of gossip and evaluation. "We're talking about the Ace Trainer, bad boy extraordinaire and the guy who sleeps with a different girl every week. And for him, to just grow soft, especially for Jesse, is almost unbelievable."

Holly looked up at Tasha, frowning. "And Jesse and Ace haven't even been together for that long, even unofficially. I mean, I saw Jesse with him only a few days ago. It hasn't even been a week."