07: Musical Tastes and Kisses

Here's to the Godmothers, granting our wishes and keeping us company in the hopeless of times.

Nae_Albert

••••••

I had to ditch the last period that day to freshen up my makeup in the bathroom. I went for the same nude-ish, glossy look that I had at Calvin's party. The squad had insisted that I go for a more darker, bold look but I remained stubborn. "I love how this looks on me," I had told them. "It gives off a more natural vibe."

"Yeah, but you gotta have a sèxy vibe this time," Lottie whined. "And nothing says sèxy as red."

"Lottie, I appreciate the suggestions but we both know that he's gonna bang me either way."

I didn't miss how Tasha slightly winched when I said that and continued, "And besides, this makeup is a lot easier to clean. Tasha," I started casually, "you wanna share some inside details with me? Since you have had the experience."

I could see that she wasn't amused as she stared at me with tight lips.

"You know, considering his reputation and everything and it's been said that he's amazing in bed, I wanna know if I'll get exactly what I'm expecting or if I should lower my expectations a bit?"

Her jaw clenched and my smile only widened. "Ooh, I see. Someone's a little green."

"Girl, you still hung up on him?" Lottie looked towards Tasha. "I mean, I wouldn't blame ya but that one night thing with Ace happened like months ago. Come on, get over it."

"Lottie's right. I mean, what did you expect? That you'll have your happily ever after with him? I so did not expect that loose fantasy from you, Tasha."

She looked away, biting her lower lip. Her flushed cheeks proved that she was both, angry and embarrassed. I didn't really blame her for getting wooed away by that fantasy because a lot of girls had. Girls who had spent a night or two with Ace and girls who hadn't. It was like a cycle of broken hearts when none of them had been able to "tame" the beast.

Of course, the beast was such a exaggeration but girls thrived on that. The more unapproachable and scary the object was, the more they were fascinated by it. They gave Ace too much credit.

No, he didn't look like his features were craved by angels. And no, he most certainly did not look like a Greek God. And no, a simple stare from him couldn't make you pregnant. That was Ryan Gosling's job.

Deciding that I've poked Tasha enough for one day, I told them that I'll see them at school tomorrow.

"Don't call me!" I told them as I walked away.

"I'll still call you!" Lottie yelled back.

"I won't answer!"

"Bìtch!"

As I made my way through the crowds of students and towards the parking lot, I texted my mom and told her that I'll be coming home after my shift at Zara. I hoped that this wouldn't take too long and that I'll be able to make it in time for work. I still had more than two hours.

I was looking around for Ace when a loud car horn caused me to jump. Taking a deep breath, I turned around and waved my middle finger in front of the person who was about to get a piece of my mind. I found Ace laughing at my angry expression in his fancy black car.

Huffing, I walked towards the passenger seat and pulled open the door.

"I want you know," I said, getting in the car and closing the door, "that if I dropped my phone because of your horn, I would've snapped your neck."