CHAPTER THREE

Hidden truths
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Picture above is the picture he gets out of her house.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chrystal

When we woke from a really good midday nap, we decided to go to the rich part of town and dream about how different our lives would be if we lived in this perfect world. Braden grew up in a broken home with no father, and his mother taught him to master the art of thievery and it progressed from there. He went from stealing wallets to stealing identities and fortunately he has committed murder. He doesn't do as much anymore, but every now and then he keeps his reputation up by doing a major mastermind crime.

The rest of the day went pretty fast, considering we slept until two in the afternoon, and Braden did a good job with keeping my mind off of things. By the time we got home I felt like I was ready to tell him what happened. "I'm ready." I said, he looked at me and lead me the table so we could sit.

"It was a normal day until my father called me into the living room. He said I had a new father and I was to call him daddy. He said they needed the money, but before I left he wanted to see me. I followed him like usual, expecting him to have his way with me one last time. But as he was doing what he wished, I thought about the father that loved me when I was little, about the father that would never hurt me. I guess I got caught up in the rage...I-I grabbed the gun from under his pillow. I didn't hesitate killing him. Somehow, I knew he wasn't my father, at least not anymore. My mother and "daddy" ran in...Braden....I killed them all." I inhaled sharply, trying to hold it together, but I couldn't. I finally shattered.

Breadon new exactly what to do. He picked me up and laid me on the bed. After walking across the room he opened the window so I could hear the calming noise of the outside, normal world. After I calmed down, he told me he would be back and walked out the apartment.

Braden

I walked out the door and headed straight to my computer guy, Robbie. I burst through his door, startling him, but he soon recovered with a, "Hey B! Whatcha need?" I told him a small made up story about Chrystal, knowing she wouldn't want me to tell him. He quickly looked up Chrystal Marie Rogers and nothing new came up. Why would I expect anything else to come up when I already know everything about her? Maybe because she felt like the person who beat her wasn't her father. I don't know why but I know that they all lied to her. So, I had Robbie look up missing persons by the name of Chrystal. There were 100 results so I left him to sort through them and text me if he finds anything of significance.

I knew that we needed a picture of Chrystal when she was little so we can compare pictures and maybe find the right one. I walked down to her part of the neighborhood. Easily slipping into their house; the smell of blood and old drugs attacking me made it hard to breathe. After some insane digging, I finally found a picture of Chrystal when she was four. I would sit here all day and marvel at how adorable she is, but I couldn't breathe and I didn't have time.

I took the picture to Robbie and he ran it through to compare it to all of the reports. The screen repeatedly flickered across his face before stopping. Robbie's face was filled to the max with total shock and amazement. I ran across the desk and read the report that had matched the picture. I looked at Robbie,hiding any emotion, and paid him for his work. "Thank you." I said,"I have to go tell her now."

I walked in and was greeted by the warm sent of food in the air. I followed my nose and it brought me to the kitchen, where I found that Chrystal ordered Chinese takeout. Mmmmm my favorite. She looked up at me and patted the seat next to her. I gently walked over and prepared myself for what I had to tell her. Before I could say anything she shoved food in front of me "eat" she demanded. We made eye contact and I observed her features. I noticed her bright red hair, a perfect mess, and her full pink lips that always make my day when she smiles. Her rounded pale face with light freckles that match those hazel brown eyes, and her softly rounded nose. She is absolutely astonishing,but she doesn't know it. I wish I could make her understand that she really is a "pretty princess".

"So, where did you go?" She asked, curiousness filled her voice. I don't know how to tell her, maybe now isn't  a good time. Maybe I should find a more serious time to tell her.