The Pain Unbearable

Serenity Renolds

~2 years ago~

“Todd..I wanna be more than friends.But we can’t.”I looked up into his eyes and they weren’t filled with sorrow..I believe it was more anger.

“All these years!I waited all these years,all these fucking years for you to just reject me!”He finished and stamped off..into the fog..into the distance.

And then I woke up.

Sweat was hugging my skin and dry tears streaked my face.

 I don’t want to ruin everything I had with Todd.

That’s why I firmly decided I was never going to be able to ruin our friendship like that..plus it’s not like I was capable of spitting out the words, “I like you.” anyways.

I was very relieved however,that it was a Saturday and I wouldn’t look like some crazy girl walking into school,especially since I could tell I cried. 

~Present time~

“Wake up sweetheart IT’S FRIDAY!!”My mom sang,bursting through the door.

A second later I heard that Rebecca Black song and groaned.

Wtf mom!That song is so old!And It’s horrible.”I grumbled from under my pillow.

My mom yanked my pillow from my grip and a burst of sunshine made my eyes sting.

“It’s such a beautiful day!”She chirped,”Now get up.Someone’s waiting for you at the door..and it’s not Savannah.”With that,she closed the door.

Who could it be?

I got ready.My outfit consisted of skinny jeans with rips over the knee,a forever 21 crop top(with a tank under),and my combat boots,who for one,are second behind my converse.My hair was already straight so I just brushed it and did my normal makeup routine.

“Hey mom who’s at th-“I was walking down the stairs and saw…him.

Leaning against the door frame of my front door was none other,than mister bad boy.

“Hey I thought you’d like a ride to school?”He flashed a fake smile.

“Uh…sure..”I answered looking over at my mom who was enjoying this.

“I’ll be in the car.”He said.

“Grab an oatmeal cookie sandwich thing and go ahead.”My mom said breaking the silence.

I wasn’t paying attention,just staring at the door in..shock?

Momentarily,I was in his car,eating an oatmeal cookie with creme in the middle.When I looked out the window and turned around Taten was chewing something.He was smirking so I looked at my oatmeal cookie and it had a bite in it,a bite I didn’t take.

“Taten!”I yelled.

“What?” He said in between chewing,not a very good actor.