One

I grabbed me an apple and took a few bites from it as I watched the clock closely before Stepping onto my porch, I took in a deep breath before looking around the gated neighborhood. It was now 6:30 in the morning and I was headed out for my daily jog.

Something I had made a habit to do every morning before school.

Breathing in the cold Virginia winter air I blew it back out releasing smoke like air. Smiling to myself I glanced down to my wrist to see that I had wasted five minutes just standing there.

knowing she had probably started running by now. I took a small short cut through one of my neighbors yard coming out right in front of her house.

I made sure I kept my eyes wide open so I wouldn't miss her, Seeing that she's the only reason why I've had this Daily routine for the past two years straight.

I took a few more long strides before switching into fully jogging, I closed my eyes slightly enjoying the way the cold brisk air felt against my skin.

I jogged a half a block more before stopping to slightly catch my breath, as I stood there slightly bent over with my hands on my knees I started to think about the girl who had me out here in this flu like weather. I thought about what color spandex tights she had decided to wear today. It probably was another pair with the color pink somewhere in them since that seemed like the only color she would wear.

I shook my head slightly knocking all thoughts of her away before starting to jog again. I looked around still with her nowhere in sight I began to slow down cursing myself for waking up a little late then usual causing me to miss her beautiful unique face.

Basketball practice had ran a little late since one of the biggest games of the season was approaching Causing my body to ache In more ways then one, But I couldn't break the routine thinking maybe just maybe today would be the morning she noticed me. Even though we went to the same high school and I was one of the most popular girls there. She never noticed me. She never gave me the satisfaction of just speaking to me it was like we were in two different worlds and we did everything in our power not to come come in contact with one another.

I looked around for a few seconds more before Stopping in my own tracks. I rubbed the back of my neck trying to answer my own question. How come she never acknowledged me? I mean I know she popping too but damn where was the common courtesy. Looking back down at my wrist I noticed it was about time I got back home to get ready for school chalking not seeing her up as an loss,
I'll just get a couple glimpses of her today during class change or something.

Beginning to turn around about to head home something told me to look to my left and there she was sitting on the side walk doing nothing actually just looking down. Looking up to the sky I shot God a thank you along with a small smile before making my way over. Getting closer I figured she would look up noticing my presence but she didn't. I shook my arms around a fee times before hovering over her. I closed my eyes and cleared my throat to finally gain her attention.

Noticing she had on a pair of grey black and pink ivy park leggings I smiled receiving a small smile back. She finally took her headphones out of her ears and stood up dusting herself off. " You Dinah right? " she finally spoke leaving me in a state of shock. " You the captain of the girls varsity basketball team correct " she spoke again never taking her eyes off of me causing my mouth to dry out from nervousness.

Seeing her still standing there smiling with her eyebrow now raised. I knew she was awaiting my answer to questions she clearly already knew Causing me to swallow as much spit as I could to drench my dry throat I shifted my body weight onto one side of my body " Yeah um it's me " I stumbled all over myself just to get those fours words out of my mouth. I mentally smacked the living cow shit out of myself for losing my confidence under her sight feeling like an armature singer on open mic night.

Watching her giggle lowly to herself I noticed she had began to start to walk away. Not letting the two years of me waiting for this very moment go down the drain I finally spoke up. " You Normani captain of the cheerleading squad right? I stood in the same spot waiting for her to respond watching her move her hair to the other side of her shoulder she walked back over towards me.

" Correction I'm co-captain my sister is the captain. Cheerleading is not really my thing it's my sisters but, she's really big on us doing everything together so .. " she spoke showing off her perfect teeth right along with her flawless skin. " Everything? " I raised an eyebrow saying causing me to receive a light playful punch to my arm. " No silly not Everything " she spoke stretching the word everything so I would get her point.

Still standing there looking at her with a goofy smile on my face I couldn't believe this was finally happening for two years straight rain sleet snow I came out here waiting for this moment and here it was happening right before my eyes. " So you live around here " I heard her speak breaking my train of thought. " yeah my sister auntie and I moved out here like two years ago " I looked directly at her to see her shake her head and say " same " still standing in the same spot not wanting this moment to end I watch her pull her phone out to look at the time.

" Looks like it's time for me to get going you know to get ready for school and such " she spoke while slowly walking away " Yeah me too only God knows I don't need to be late, can't get benched cause of detention my auntie will murder me " I spoke just to gain a smile from the girl of mine yours and everybody else's dreams.

" I'll see you around school or whatever yeah " she spoke in a more knowing tone then a asking one. I just nodded my head with a huge grin causing her to fully turn around and jog away. You surely will I mumbled to myself still standing there watching her. You surely will.