Three

Day dreaming has gotten the best of me these past couple of days. It's like the sight of her just makes my everything come to a stand still. Watching her move up and down the court ever so swiftly has became a new found habit of mines more like it had been for a while.  Hearing a voice break my train of thought I still kept my eyes glued on her.

" You don't look at Derek like that " is all I kept hearing forgetting my sister was sitting beside me in the school gym I looked to the side of me " huh who " I asked not quite catching on to what she was saying " you know Derek your boyfriend you don't look at him like that " she spoke in a matter of fact tone.

" Justine what are you talking about I do so " I looked everywhere but her while saying that because both of us knew that was an lie. " If you say so mani you've been intrigued by her ever since they moved around the block from us. One you ain't fooling me two you ain't no runner I been put two and two together girl "

Turning my gaze back to her I let whatever my sibling was saying go in one ear and out the other as I watched the taller beauty shoot the basketball with the most perfect form.

" You know she has a sister too " I spoke without taking my eyes off of the basketball court. Just to look over and see her say " I know " with a small smile on her face " what's that all about? " I questioned her just for her to brush me off " it's nothing " she smirked " we have a class together she a little awkwardly weird but she cool " watching her smile all over herself again I smirked and turned my attention back to the court just to see her running towards me after the basketball.

Trying to contain the smile that was threatening to appear on my face I looked over to the right of me to see The devil and his little friends walk in the gym I mentally rolled my eyes. Just the sight of him threw my whole mood off feeling Justine lightly tap my knee I looked back straight ahead just to come face to face with the most contagious smile I have ever seen.

" Hello " she spoke breaking the silence between us. " Hey " was all I could get out before Derek came sitting beside me with questioning eyes causing Dinah smile to drop.
" I was just coming to get this " she picked the basketball up holding it up so we could see it before turning around and going back towards the court to resume the little game they had started before the morning bell had runged.

" What was that all about " he asked in his little not to demanding voice. " Over here smiling like she a salesman or some shit what was she smiling at? " he kept talking not taking the hint I wasn't going to reply back. " I know you not still in your feelings normani " he spoke finally gaining my attention " I called you 3 times last night Dee and you didn't answer not one time "

" I was busy "

" Busy doing what " I snapped back causing him to do a low chuckle.

" Mani talk to me when you lose the attitude " he spoke before kissing the side of my check causing my skin to itch. Just looking at him he stood and walked off the bleachers with his shadows trailing behind him.

See Derek stood about 6'2 with the most delightful mocha skin tone. He had brown eyes with the deepest dimples Ive ever seen on a boy he played football and basketball too he was popular so it was only right me and him dated. And that's  exactly what we did he did whatever he wanted while me on the other hand allowed him to.

Breaking my thoughts from him and looking back over at Justine she shook her head while getting her things together. " Girl you gon get yourself into a world wind of trouble " she spoke while standing up. I looked back ahead to catch my last glimpse of her before she ventured off going her separate way. I guess her name is trouble then, I smiled to myself as I got my bag together knowing the first bell was soon to ring. " Everybody needs a little trouble in their life from time to time " I spoke while bumping into my sister playfully.