Twenty

" Normani! "

I heard a familiar voice yell loudly from the hallway " Mani what are you doing? Why is your bed sitting out in the middle of the hallway? I almost broke my neck on the bed rails. " Justine walked into my room looking around as I continued to throw away some folded up letters Dinah had given me weeks ago " I'm cleaning my room what does it look like I'm doing? " I slightly looked up in her direction before bending down and picking up one of her shirts and throwing it in the trash bag.

I stood back up straight and looked over towards my window looking out of it for a second before turning back around to face my sister " do you think it's a way for me to change the locks on my window? " I asked just to get a puzzled look back in return " bitch you then lost your mind " Justine spoke before laughing to herself " don't you think you're being a tad bit dramatic "

" No " I mumbled lowly while picking up my old bed set off the floor and tossing it into a new trash bag " I don't won't nothing else to do with her " I spoke as I removed the pillow case off one of my pillows just for her scent to escape from underneath it " Fuck! " I hissed out in frustration as thoughts of her were starting to flood my mind " I might as well just throw the whole damn pillow away " I reached to grab another trash bag out of the box just to feel a hand stop me " Mani you're being a little extra "

" okay and " I looked around the room to make sure I wasn't missing anything else " Do you think I can change the locks on the window " I asked again while tapping on my chin wondering if that was possible just to receive a laugh from Justine " Bitch you wild " she walked and stood beside me " Mani I think you need to just talk to her. I honestly can understand why she mad, you basically got mad at her for taking up for you. Where they do that at? "

I sat down in my computer chair taking in what she had said but the last few words Dinah had said to me wouldn't go away " You didn't hear what she said to me "

" Okay, but from what you said she said it just sounds like she voiced it out of anger. You act like she said she used you or something "

" Justine I love her and for her to turn on me like that at the drop of a dime let's me know what type of person she really is "

" And what's that " my sister Challenged me as she picked up another little note Dinah had wrote me " That she's no better then Derek " I spoke causing her to look up at me " Hey! Mani that isn't fair she was trying to take up for you vs Derek who could give a fuck about you the two are nowhere near being comparable " and she was right but I didn't care about all that. She hurt me and I was tired of being hurt.

I sat there in the computer chair moving it back and forth with my legs " I lost my virginity to her " I mumbled under my breath just to receive a look from my sister " I thought she was different, I knew Derek didn't love me he never did I just always wanted him too " I fiddled with my fingers while talking out loud to myself " I just wanted him to love me so I put up with his shit thinking maybe just maybe one day he would, but that was until Dinah popped up, no one else matter then. " I got up and walked towards my window and just starred out of it.

I stood there for what felt like forever until I felt my sister come stand beside me " I really miss her Jus " I turned my head into her direction.

No one understands the love I had for her, it was more then just lust the way I felt about her now was the same way I felt about her before the sex " I really miss her, and it sucks that I put up with Derek shit for so long to the point where her mess up ends up leading to my breaking point " I looked at her double blinking trying not to cry but the tears escaped as soon as my sister pulled me in for a hug.

It wasn't the type of hug Dinah would give me, the one where I felt as if everything in the world was fine as long as I was in her embrace.

I felt my sister body shift so she could look out the window " Dinah ass was a fool for climbing up here every night "

" Yeah she was a fool for me " I spoke as I wiped a stray tear away.

——————————————-

I paced my room with more then one thought invading my brain. I finally stopped pacing to look at myself in the mirror.

Looking at myself closely I started to see my father image, Double blinking my eyes and looking again I saw my own face causing me to look away.

" Normani didnt deserve that " I spoke out loud while starring down at my hands remembering how she would interwind her small hands into my own.

" You right she didn't deserve that "

Knowing who it was I didn't even bother to turn around.

" Dinah Jane Hansen if you don't turn around and look at me while I'm talking to you, you better "

My auntie spoke out but I didn't even turn around simply because I didn't feel like right now was the moment for a lecture.

" I didn't raise you to be like that DJ you know I didn't. Normani is a sweet girl I like her you shou ... " Raising my head to cut her off I just looked at her.

" Auntie it's more to it then her being a sweet girl and you liking her this is my life. I decide how it going to go so I don't need your help nor input " 

Watching her just watch me like I was wrong made me feel like she was taking her side. Why Mani never can be wrong why I always gotta be the bad guy.

I watch my aunt finally look away. She glanced back over at me with a smirk on her face while shaking her head.

" You are truely you're father Daughter. I installed right into you the wrong you do is just on you "

She looked at me for a few more seconds before turning to walk away. I'm not my fathers child All because I speak a few words which I'm entitled to.

If me taking up for Normani was wrong then I'll just be wrong forever.