Nineteen

I positioned myself to take what seemed like the millionth free throw since I've been in the empty gym by myself.

I lazily tossed the ball up allowing it to bounce on the rim one time before walking over to retrieve it once it came down.

I slowly walked back over to the free throw line position myself to take another shot before I heard light foot steps causing me to turn around.

Right in that moment I wish I hadn't cause I was faced with a set of eyes that I just didn't have the courage to see at the moment.

" You lied to me " she mumbled out before taking a few more steps towards me " You said you wasn't going to do anything actually you promised you wouldn't "

" I never promised Normani " I bounced the ball one more time before turning back around " I'm A big girl I could've handled it on my own I didn't ask for your help. " with that I paused in my action letting the basketball fall from my finger tips.

I turned around and eyed her before taking the last few steps towards her causing us to become face to face with one another.

I eyed her for a few seconds before placing her right arm into my hands and bringing it up in front of us " You call this being able to handle things " I spoke harshly before placing her arm back by her side " It was none of your business Dinah you should've left it alone "

" I should've left it alone huh " I walked closer towards her until our chest was now touching " Wether you know it or not. You became my business right after you let me fuck " I hissed out irritated with the way she was acting.

I watched Normani mouth slightly fall open due to what I had just said " Don't you ever disrespect me like that again " she pointed her finger angrily in my face causing me to bust out laughing " oh it's wrong for me to use my words to express myself. But it's okay for Derek to put his hands on you okay " I turned back around while lowly laughing.

I looked around for the basketball just to still feel Normani standing behind me " wow " She spoke loud enough for me to hear " if your father acts anything like you just presented yourself I see why you don't like him " I turned around just to see her walking away.

I didn't stop her cause I didn't care to at the moment.

I never thought i would hear those words. I never thought they would feel so true.

This is just a filler chapter. I already have the end of this book all figured out which mean only a few more chapters before it's done.