Chapter 1

Otabek's POV

The cold wind ruffled my hair as I skated down the rink. I set up for my quad axel and throw myself into it. The crunch of the ice resounds and echoes around the rink. Landed.

I skate over to Coach, who has a deep frown on his face. "What was that? You call that a quad? Sure it's landed, but it's not high enough! Try again with more speed, more power. Go!"What did I expect, Praise? Coach never has any encouragement for me. That guy is an endless pit of insults. 

I turn backwards and speed around the rink, 'More speed' I think to myself. As I prepare for the jump I think 'more power' and hurl myself into the jump with more force than ever before. I heard a crack before I even hit the ice, head first. 

3rd POV

Otabek collapsed on the ice. Blood came from his head like a flood, slowly taking over the blinding white of the ice. Usually they give them a few moments to see if they get up, but paramedics immediately rushed to the scene. 

This all happened just in time for Otabek's Russian friend to come by to pick him up. Yuri walked through the double doors of the rink, his eye instantly catching the pool of blood underneath the man's head. He rushed to the side lines, stepping onto the ice in just his sneakers. Yuri couldn't believe any of this was happening. He had just saw Otabek skating and well just moments ago. And now the man was pale and almost lifeless.

He tripped and slid over to him. His knees dropped to the ice, Otabek's blood starting to sink to the boy's jeans. He put his hands on his shoulder, trying to turn him over to see his face. Before he could see him, both of the paramedics grabbed him by his arms, dragging him away from the body. 

All Otabek's coach could do was watch as the Russian punk scream and sob as the paramedics held him down. He jerked violently, trying to get over to his friend's body. They wrapped his head as a temporary solution. Yuri watched as they picked Otabek's body up and set it on a stretcher. 

Otabek's POV

Blurriness is all I see. That moment is an endless replay in my head. The last thing I heard was screaming of Yuri. Poor Yuri, to see me like this...

. . .

This book is a collab with . They're a great friend of mine, so make sure to check them out.