Chapter 11

Yuri's POV

I recognized the pond that was in my dream. I'd went there many times as a child with my grandfather. In fact, that was probably my earliest memory of skating. My grandfather bought me my first pair and took me to the frozen over area. I remember I fell on my ass a million times, but I was determined to get the hang of it. Now I find myself going back to the frozen pond to make so many important memories. 

I put a few things into a backpack and slipped on my shoes. As I met Otabek at the front door, he rose a brow at the huge bag on my back. "What's that for? I thought we were going on a date- not an over night trip!" He commented.

"You want to go on a date or not, Atlin?" I barked, pulling on the straps. He looked at me and laughed, "Okay, okay. Lead the way." I nodded and opened the door to the hall of our apartment building. Luckily the small lake wasn't too far, we could walk there in ten minutes. 

I walked down the hall, my hands stuffed in my pockets. Otabek followed behind. I could feel his eyes focused on mine, but I shrugged it off. I waited for him as I got outside, and he caught up with a smile. I noticed a deep blush forming on his face as I felt his finger brush against my hand. I looked down and watched as he locked his finger around mine.

My cheeks felt like they were burning up as I took his hand, interlacing our fingers together. He looked at our hands then back at me, smiling brightly. I smiled back sheepishly and began to walk, dragging him along with me. He walked close, an almost permanent blush plastered on his face. It's out of character for him, especially the smile he had. 

As we slowly edged to the lake, he caught on that I was taking him there. "Wow..." He breathed, his warm breath hitting the air and turning to fog. I nodded and walked down to the lakeside with him. His eyes were focused on the beautiful sight, but once I let go of his hand he seemed to snap back into reality. I reached into my bag and pulled out an ice skate, "What do you think?" I ask nervously. 

Otabek seemed to freeze and tense up. Shit...

Otabek's POV
Yuri looked at me, looking scared. My heart was racing a mile a minute. I stared at the skate, my eyes getting wide. Yuri started to look away, his earlier excitement fading away. I have to do this for Yuri. I squeeze his hand and look into his bright green eyes, "Thank you so much, Yuri," Yuri looks relieved and his shoulders slump. I pull him into my arms and he gasps. Yuri slowly wraps his arms around me. "I'm glad you think so," he says quietly into my chest. We pull away reluctantly, with him staring at me.
Yuri pulls my skates out of the black sports bag. My heart skips a beat when he pulls my shoe off and slowly runs his hand up my leg. He then looses the laces of my skates and slides them on my feet. Yuri looks up at me, checking if I'm okay. I nod and take a deep breath.

 Soon, my skates were tightened. I felt like I was back to normal. The me before I got injured. A tear slips down my cheek. Yuri notices and his eyes soften. He walks over, sits on my lap and wipes my tears away. "I know you're scared, Beka. Please don't be scared because...," he blushes and then says emotionally, "I'm here to protect you."

I nod and brush a strand of hair out of his eyes. "I'm ready," He stands up and takes my hand. We take our guards off, ready to skate. I stare out onto the ice, my breath coming out in white puffs. The stark white ice stared back at me, intimidating me. I wanted to take a step back, give up. But Yuri's pleading eyes flashed in front of me. For my love, Yuri. I stepped on the ice, and skating came naturally to me afterward. Especially with Yuri holding my hand.

Yuri's POV

I held both of Otabek's hands tightly. His arms were shaking as he stepped onto the ice. I knew he was nervous out of his mind. It probably wasn't a smart idea to make him skate today...But he seems to be doing fine so far. His grip starts to loosen up on my hands as he calms down. "I think I got it now.." He said confidently. 

"Alright... be careful Beka," I say gently as I skate close by him. He starts to skate around the small pond, the cold wind flying through his hair. He smiled and closed his eyes blissfully. I stood in the middle of the pond, watching as he did laps around me. He looked so happy to be back on the ice. As he skated he called out to me, "Should I try a jump?" He asks. 

I rose a brow, "If you're confident enough..."I yelled to him. He prepared and braced himself as he started to go into a toe loop. He threw himself into the jump and landed it. When he landed it a cheer escaped out of his mouth, "Yuri! I did it!" He raced over to me. Before I knew it, he flew into me and wrapped his arms around me. 

He laughed cheerfully and rested his chin on my shoulder. I was surprised by it all but hugged him back. "Thank you, Yura.." He spoke into my ear, "For taking me here..." I nodded, almost completely flustered by it all. He grabbed both of my hands and started to skate slowly. 

"What are you doing!?" I ask as he pulls me along. He pulls me closer and smiles widely. I honestly don't know what hes thinking. 

"Skate with me, Yuri!" He says cheerfully. I've never seen him this happy before. He guided me around the lake, holding my arms and watching our feet. He chuckled a little at my completely red face. "You don't have to be so embarrassed." He leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Otabek's POV

My heart feels like it has wings. Not only am I skating, but I'm skating with my Yura. His soft hands are enclosed in mine, sending butterflies into my stomach. Now it's time. "Yuri?" I ask timidly. "Yes, Beka?" We both slide to a stop. "C-can I do something real quick?" He blushes a deep scarlet. "Of course, anything," He looks into my eyes, making me more nervous than ever.

 I put my hands on the small of his back, which makes him gasp in eagerness. He wraps his arms around the back of my neck and steps in closer. I close the cold, empty space between us, softly pressing my lips on his. Yuri doesn't flinch back this time. Instead he tightens his grip and pulls me closer. I feel his small body on mine, so I tighten my grip as well. His soft lips caress mine, as if we were made for each other.

We reluctantly pull away, with Yuri trembling is ecstasy. Yuri is the soldier I told him he was. He stayed with me throughout my injuries, no matter how hard it was on him. But now I know why he stayed. Yuri loves me. He is the softness in my hardened life, the love in my heart, and the strong to my hurt.

Yuri's POV

I never knew how in love I was until now. It's crazy to think that I, Yuri Plisetski, would be in love with my best and only friend. He guided me off the ice and onto  bench close by. We sat down and he almost immediately put his arm around my shoulder. 

God, I love this man.  Through this all I felt like I was more worried more about his injury more than he did. And look at him now, doing a jump in probably the least safest area to skate on. Ever since I met him he's been like this. He's always been so Strong

It was almost like Otabek and I were thinking the same thing that moment. Our words over lapped each others, "I love you-" 

"Otabek," I spoke slowly.

"Yuri," He breathed, his warm breath hitting against my cheek. We embraced each other, our arms entangled around one another. 

End