Chapter 9

Otabek's POV

Yuri's tears stained my hospital gown, soaking me. He wasn't just crying anymore, he was pouring out his soul with his aggressive sobs. He sat in my arms on my hospital bed for an hour and a half, just sobbing violently and never saying a word. Why is he torturing me like this? Does he know how much it hurts to see him like this? My heart feels like it's going to break listening to him. I stroke his hair telling him sweet nothings, but he doesn't seem to hear me.

He finally calms down enough to look up at me and say, "Beka, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I look into his bright eyes and ask him, "For what?" He looks down at his hands and is silent. I make sure not to push him too hard while he's this upset. He finally mumbles, "I'm sorry for falling in love with you. "

Yuri's Pov

"I'm sorry for falling in love with you." I speak quietly. I feel him tense up under me, his hand gripping my arm.

"What- Yuri why? It's nothing to be sorry about." He said as he pulled me up to look at him. No matter how he tried, I kept my eyes low. I didn't want to look up after sobbing about him.

"Because- I... I've now ruined everything with you..." My words trailed off as my tears fought to come back. I felt his hand press against my cheek, guiding me up to look at him. His eyes gazed into mine. Then he spoke.

"Oh Yuri... You haven't ruined anything. I- I love you too." He said with a faint smile. It felt like my heart dropped into my stomach. He loves me. That's the thing I've been wanting to hear- but now I can't find the words to reply. My cheeks turn pink and I sink down back onto Beka's chest.

I rested against his chest, hearing his quickly beating heart. He loves me. There's not much I could say. There's nothing I wanted to say. I just want to stay in this moment... for him to hold me. To let me keep this feeling of happiness that I've never felt before. This feeling is so complicated to explain. Nothing I can say can come close to it.

Otabek's POV
I finally confessed. It felt like a huge weight has just been lifted off of me. "Yuri, I have known how you felt all along. You confessed while I was in a coma. I could hear everything you said, and I felt you... kiss my hand as well. It actually felt quite nice. I was just afraid you wouldn't love me anymore, especially after my injury and all." I look down at his blonde head. He suddenly looks up at me, with the green fire in his eyes that I haven't seen for awhile.

"I will love you injuries or not. You're my anchor, Beka! And I could never leave you behind. I need you in my life," He looks down, once again, embarrassed at his passionate words.

Oh, Yuri. I don't know what took over me. I caressed Yuri's cheek and kissed him. At first he was startled, but then he eased into it and started kissing back. I've been wanting to do this for awhile and I still haven't anticipated that his lips would be so soft.

Yuri's POV

Before I knew it, Otabek's lips were pressed against mine. It felt like my heart exploded right there. It beat so fast that I thought like I was going to have a heart attack. I didn't think was what kissing him would feel like. I always imagined it as tough as he was. But he was so... gentle. Shit. I'd never thought I'd be saying that.

I desperately kissed him back, placing a hand on his chest. I felt myself leaning into him, even after he pulled away. I wanted more- I didn't want him to stop. My eyes slowly opened to see him gazing at me. I felt myself turn beet red as his lightly tinted face looked back at mine. We were silent for moments after.

"Wow..." I breathed as I looked down at my hands.

"Wow," He repeated.