Chapter 16

A/N: So I decided to start putting songs for each chapter. I know other authors have done this, so I'm not trying to take credit for that idea. If you have any ideas for songs for any of the chapters, comment what the song titles are.

__________________________________________

Chapter 16

(Code: Bold = Flashback, Italics = Mind Communication as always.)

"Lacy, c'mon! We are going to be late!" My big brother Brian calls up the stairs, and I glance once more at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is curled and hangs right above my waist, my eyes are only covered with mascara, and my emerald strapless, right above the knee dress is perfectly in place. I smile at myself and walk downstairs, careful not to trip in my heels.

"You look very pretty, but we need to go," Brian tells me when I reach him, and I nod, going outside and into the car. Brian enters the car as well, starting it up and putting on his seatbelt. I put on my ownand then, he drives off quickly. He's very tense, anxious for me to meet his girlfriend, Angela. He told me earlier that he is going to propose to her, and I am very happy for her.

"C'mon, a little faster," I urge him, sitting back in my seat. Brian stays at the same speed and slows as we come to a stop light. I smile at him and rub his arm, trying to get him to stop being so nervous.

"No matter what she says, I'll always love you. I hope you both end up together," I tell him, giving him a quick hug.

"Lacy!" I hear him shout. A loud crash sounds, and then, everything goes black.

When I came to in the hospital, the nurses and doctors came to check up me, trying to sooth me in my hysterical state. They ended up having to subdue me when they told me that Brian hadn't made it. I felt so guilty, angry at myself and with everything in life. I had survived, but Brian didn't. I would live forever with this heavy weight on my shoulders.

__________________________________________

"Lacy, Lacy, oh God, answer me!" I hear Louis' familiar voice yell in my ears. I gasp and look up to find all five of the boys kneeling down beside me.

"Thank God, you're okay! We thought we had lost you!" Niall sobs, hugging me to his chest. I hug him back, tears welling up again in my eyes. I look around and notice that I'm still sitting in the shower.

"We noticed that you were taking an awful long time in the shower, so we came to check up on you. You were just sitting here, crying, on the shower floor. We tried shaking you and everything, but you wouldn't come out of it!" Liam explains, little cries coming out of his mouth. I nod and hug him tightly, soaking his shirt with my wet hair. They must've wrapped a towel around my naked body.

"I-im sorry, I was remembering something and must've gone into a daydream," I tell them, trying to stand up. Zayn lifts me up, and sets me down on my feet on the bathroom floor. They all leave reluctantly so I can change.

When I'm finished changing into the clothes I brought in, I enter into my bedroom. I crawl into bed and snuggle under the covers, feeling all of the boys hold onto some part of my body. I slowly drift off, asleep but awake enough to hear what they are saying.

"God, I thought I lost her," Niall whispers, hugging onto my left side.

"I know, I felt like I was dying," Harry whispers back, holding onto my legs.

"I, and I can speak for the rest of you boys, am never letting her go again. I will try to do everything in my power to keep her. We only just got her back, we can't let her go again. I love her, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She's mine. She's ours," I hear Louis say, his voice a little above a whisper. I feel five pairs of lips kiss me on different parts of my body, before I fall into a deep and dreamless sleep.