Chapter 19

Hey, Guys! I wrote this the other day and couldn't bear to not publish it so here you go. I know I wasn't supposed to update until Friday but who cares. Anyways, I need at least one more person to enter my contest! All of the entries are wonderful so far, and I love them all! I love you all so very much for everything that you have done for me and this story! It means so much, thank you so very much guys! I’ll let you guys read now, because I know that you all have been dying for this next chapter. For the lyrics in this chapter, I don't own them. Maroon 5 owns them.

Bold = Flashback

Italics = Boys’ mind speak

Songs for this chapter:

She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

You Found Me by The Fray

You and Me by The Script

Chapter 19

Liam’s POV

I’m dead without Lacy, but I think we all are. I’ve been searching for her for about four days now, feels more like an eternity if you ask me. All I do is search and search, stopping only to drink from the occasional animal and sleep. Lacy never asked about our feeding habits, and we never really felt like we needed to tell her. I, and the rest of the boys, only hunt from animals. Both animal and human blood tastes the same in all of our opinions, so it doesn’t really matter who or what we drink from. I shouldn’t think about Lacy, it will only weaken me more.

I look up and smile to myself when I smell the scent that I have accustomed myself to, the smell of the werewolf that took away my beloved. The only thing left to do now is follow the trail and hope that I bump into this sick bastard.

“Hello, who are you?” I hear an American accented male ask me. I turn to the trees to spot the intruder. The stranger is the normal sight of a werewolf: tall, dark haired, tan, and shirtless, as usual. I roll my eyes and growl at him.

“What do you want?” I growl out, taking a protective stance.

“Calm down, I was just simply asking who you are,” he replies, chuckling a bit. I sniff a bit as he comes closer, and I growl. He is the one that took away the person who is practically my life; he is the one that took away my Lacy.

“You kidnapped my Lacy!” I snarl, my fangs elongating, and my claws extracting out of my nails.

“Yes, I am. Why does it matter to you?” He asks me simply, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms. I growl again, trying to scare him.

“Lacy is my soul mate! Return her to me!” I growl, my voice cracking just a bit at the end. The mutt’s expression softens when he sees just how broken I am.

“I’m sorry, but I cannot return her back to you and her other mates. I can show you where she is, but I cannot give her back because I simply do not have her. You see, my best friend is Ed, the vampire. I’m sure you’ve heard of him, after all he did kidnap Lacy. Well, when I turned twenty one, I realized that I wanted to settle down and find my own mate, my true love. Ed and I took a road trip, searching everywhere we could to find her. Just by scent alone, you can realize who your mate is. We found her, well it was Ed who found her really. We took her back to my pack, and she settled in. I told Ed that if he ever needed a favor, then I owed him one. He rang me up last week, asking me for something. He needed me to get the girl he was in love with, and I could sympathize with what he was going through. I took Lacy and then gave her to Ed. Only then did he tell me that Lacy really wasn’t his soul mate, that she already had soul mates. I’m so sorry about all of this, and I will now show you where your love is.” I stare in amazement at this werewolf, thanking God or whoever is out there for giving me this shred of hope.