Dumplings and Delivery Services

We had a solid relationship, Rudhra and I. We couldn't wait to grab something solid and hurl it on each other.

Agreeing to cook for him was proving to be a horrible albatross around my  neck since he was a devil (known fact) who thought it was his exisitantial purpose to annoy me.

He, not only kept sending back the dishes I painstakingly prepared, but  also claimed to be allergic to every third vegetable. On one occasion, he even claimed he was allergic to potatoes. Like, was there any such person in the world who was allergic to potatoes? I mean, wasn't he always snacking on French fries?

He summoned me to his home for the third time that day, and I ran to his house to finally give him a good beating. I am not usually a violent person, but if everything could be solved by dialogue, there is no reason for weapons and armies to exist.

"What the hell is your problem?" I huffed, stomping the floor of his house quite loudly, so that his downstairs neighbour would complain about him.
"I am thirsty. Bring me water." He said, totally unperturbed, as he watched his television.
Unbelievable! This guy, had called me from my house to his, only to bring him water, from his own kitchen which was in the next room?

"Sure." I said. And I brought him a glass of water. He drank it in one go, and then spit it out like a fountain.

"What the heck is this?" He asked angrily.

"It's the water that has been in the pitcher in your kitchen for the past four days."

"What? How dare you?" He asked me.

"You only said water, you didn't say what kind of water." I said, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"You devil, you could have killed me. I could have died. How dare you!" He said, clutching his chest and coughing spuriously.

"Stop acting. It was herbal water." I said, and rolled my eyes. Being with Rudhra led me to roll my eyes often, grimace frequently and generally cause a lot of strain for my facial muscles.

"Really? Promise?" He asked me.

"Promise." I said. "It's good for you."

"Like the hell I'd drink something so outrageous." He said.

"Fine. Your wish."

"Recently I've been craving for dumplings. You can make them, right?" He asked me.

"Do I really have a choice?" I said.

With that, I disappeared out of his sight, for excessive viewing of Rudhra could cause migraines, headache and asthma and insanity. My phone rang, and it was my sister's husband's brother, and my longtime crush. He was a nice and a kind person, whose heart was filled with nothing but warmth. Too bad he kept friendzoning me.

"Hey, Sams. How do you do? My brother and your sister told me to watch over their kids. I am bringing them over to your place to hang out. No problem, right?"

"No problem! Be here soon as I am making dumplings!" I said.

"Can't wait!"

With a newly acquired energy, I made the dumplings fervently. These were not just ordinary dumplings, these were magical dumplings which would make someone fall in love with me.

By someone, meaning Akash, my sister's husband's brother.

"Saammmmssss! Saammmmssss!" The kids yelled, almost knocking out the door in process. I adored my sister's kids, and they adored me back.  They always showed their love for me by breaking my laptop and flinging my phone away or dragging my curtains onto the floor.
I hugged them both together at once, and Akash stood at the door smiling.

"So how is the whole job quitting thing going for you?" He asked me, as I was setting the table for the dumplings.

Horrible, horrible experience. You see, I live next to a devilish model, and he always torchures me so..and yesterday he sang until my ears bled....

"Going good. I am finally at peace."I said.

"Thought so. It's all because you are a nice person." He said.

So there was someone who thought I was nice. This was because I had only shown him my nice and kind side. There was still a large part of me, which was a hundred percent me (unfortunately) that he didn't know about. Like, the me who was amused when kids cried, the me who still watched Naruto. Would he think I was very weird? Was there someone who knew me completely and not think I was weird? Was there someone who I didn't mind showing my weird side?

Huh, I didn't even want to think about the possibilities.

It was as if my mind voice was a beckoning call, for the said devil came inside my house on his own, and looked at the scene curiously.

"Umm. Rudhra, this is Akash. And these are my sister's children. Akash is my brother in law's brother. Akash, this is Rudhra, my neighbour."

Akash nodded and extended his hand to him, but Rudhra simply began dusting off his hands.

"Sorry, my hand is all calloused and sweaty from lifting those weights. Don't mind me." Rudhra said.

How rude!

I dragged him aside, for I didn't want Akash to think I was a rude person myself. "What the hell is your problem?"

"I don't like him at all."

"Who cares! Just go back to your home already!" I said angrily.

"How dare you give my dumplings to him?"

"What! How selfish. They are just little kids.  I'll make you more later, when they leave."

"I don't mind about the children. I just don't like him. Don't give him any dumplings." He said, increasingly infuriated. Just what was his problem?

"Why?"

"Because he looks like a crocodile. His eyes, his face, everything." He said. I tried not to choke from holding back my laugh.

"Be a real man and learn to curse. Don't go by, giving people stupidly animal names." I said.

"Whatever." He said, and proceeded to main hall. I watched as he tried to make small talk with Akash, but with no good outcome.

"So where do'ya live, you?" Rudhra asked him. Akash's eyes widened with the disrespectful words but he answered him anyway.

"On the ECR road, near the Crocodile Park."

With this, Rudhra was practically rolling on the floor, laughing. The kids also joined him though they had no idea what was going on.

"Get out of the house!" I yelled.

"Fine. Your aunt's cooking is really bad, right, kids?" He asked the kids, as he went through the door.

"No. She is a wonderful cook. She makes many things tasty!" The kids replied faithfully. For once, I loved them to death.

"Too bad, I was going to get ice-cream, since they are so bad. But I am happy you feel that way." He said.

With that, my sister's kids lept to their feet and went towards him like moths to a flame. "Yes, yes. She so horrible." They chirped happily and went and clung to him.

Akash looked at me dejectedly. I could do nothing but to mirror his own facial expressions. "Return the kids to their houses once they and that guy arrive back. I'll be going now." He said,  and left so much without a little turn back.

What just happened?

Rudhra, I'd later know, without lifting a finger, had destroyed all my chances with Akash.

Author's note: Sorry for the really long wait, and this chapter is a bit unsatisfying :(

Dedicated to everyone who reads this story!
Thank you for sticking with me!