Pleasantries and Cringes

What do these things have in common?

- A Cheesy Instagram 'quotes' page.

- Your favourite romance movie that they've played in the local cable channel for about two thousand times already where the leads break up almost twenty times (bonus-includes an airport scene).

- Your grandma's love advice.

Hint: Starts with C, ends with RINGE.

 ANSWER: Cringe.

What everyone tells you about love:

Love is blind. Love is being together with the one you love. Love is constantly thinking about that person. Love is going through happiness, sorrows and disappointments. Love is constantly overcoming new phases in your life together with a severity of bravery that you normally wouldn't expect alone.

What no one tells you about love:

Love is also sticking together and still being in love despite many effing cringy moments.

Moments so cringe, you'd feel your tooth grinding together.

And since Rudhra was, well Rudhra, and I was, me, we had so many constant cringe moments that we'd forget, if we could. But since, we were us, we used them as weapons to our advantage.

"Sams, I love you." Rudhra said, as he watched the Discovery channel. Ever since we were engaged, he just seemed to never get out of my house and caused trouble everyday.

But huhhh? What was with his spontaneous declaration of love? Was it random? Maybe the devil did have tact and manners?

"I love you too." I said, simply because I was curious as to what he was up to.

"Okay. But are you sure you're saying that to me?" He grinned, and his horrible devil smile took up the corners of his mouth.

Ohmy gawwd! This horrible baiter! I cringed at the memory.

Okay, to be honest. I'd done the first major screw up. It all began on a lazy Saturday morning at the checkout of the local supermarket, when all of sudden my mind decided I wasn't reading enough literature and my eyes began to wander to the ladies' magazines section.

Women's World: How to keep your partner in the palm of your hand- A women's day month special edition

Naturally I was instantly captivated. I bought it.

However, much to my dismay, it didn't contain pranks or tomfoolery tricks like I had hoped, but had normie stuff like:

1. Kiss your partner as much as you can

2. Say you love them as much as you can

3. Speak out your feelings as much as you can

4. Forgive and forget as much as you can

'Blah blah blah' as much as you can.

In short, I had spent two hundred rupees for five words 'as much as you can' (which were the exact same words my mom used when she asked for money, and I asked 'how much')

It blew my mind that someone would actually write this, and someone like me had actually bought this. Nevertheless, I decided to follow the advice because of the bucks spent. Besides, the glossy paper seemed pretty useful to wrap up snacks in case we went to the beach or something.