Queen of Hearts and King of Spades

This chapter is dedicated to every single one reading this story.

Thank you.

Queen of Hearts and the King of Spades.

Rudhra and I were sitting on the couch while he scrolled through his social media lazily and I changed the channels on the TV, bored.

"It seems like a lot of people want our story back, Rudhra." I said.

"Lol, weirdos hehehehehe." He chuckled.

"How rude! They are our precious readers. They take some time out of their lives and read and vote for our story! Without them, we wouldn't exist." I said.

"They're wattpad readers. It's not like they have a social life anyway." He said.

"True." I agreed.

" But what should we tell them? We have to give them a reasonable excuse for our absence. Even if it's a lie."

"Just tell them that the author is a lazy idiot."

"But where is the lie?"

Our convo was interrupted by a knock on the door which was revealed to be the image of my bestest friend-the one you can count upon to make decisions worse than you-fiery yet bizarre and lovable, Meera. If I could describe Meera in two words, it would be- Meera, ketchup hater. You get the idea.

"Where the heck have the two of you been all this while!" She said.

"What do you mean, we're right here in front of you." Rudhra said, his face showing just a hint of his trademark ridiculous grin just beginning to form on his face.

"Hahaha. Mr Rudhra, there you go, enchanting everyone with that marvellous wit and charm of yours, as usual no doubt." She said. "Now shoo, shoo." She made a retreating gesture with her hand, as though she was warding off flies.

"Okay, stop." I said. " It makes me really uncomfortable when I have to step up and be an adult when it's the two of you."

"Where have you been?" She demanded angrily. "I call you, but you don't answer. I send thousands of texts, but you reply with a 'k'. I even call this Rudhra but he never picks it up."

"I don't pick up your calls not because I am busy." Rudhra said, the trademark ridiculous grin forming on his face. " I just don't."

"You must be mistaken if you thought I thought you were busy." Meera retorted.

"Okay, stop now." I said.

"So...where have you been?" Meera repeated. "The two of you practically went MIA. "

"I...." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "We..."

"We went places." Rudhra said.

"Oh you guys went on a tour?" Meera said, still surprised that we'd go on a tour without telling her, but as fiery as she was, she was good natured."Where did you go?"

"Lots of places."

"Where?"

"Lots of places."

"Oh is it like a secret couple trip?"

"Y-yes." We said in unison.

"How nice and romantic. I'd like to go on a secret couple trip too. Stupid Rudhra, why don't you just introduce me to one of your airheaded friends?" She said.